Sign in to follow this  

Problems with Wife

My wife has started having problems with me riding...

At first I was riding three times a week, we got in a huge fight and I cut it down to just saturday and sunday. Then we had another and I went down to Saturday. Now she can't understand why I can't just ride once or twice a month. That is ridiculous. What can I do or say to show her that I am not putting riding before us, but rather its an hobby that I truly love? Give me some pointers.

Join the club bud, three months ago I rode twice in one week and the wife got all pissed cause she NEVER gets to do anything, I told her to go do something and Ill stay with the baby. Right now I am on intermission from our local arenacross series, (first time I have even ridden my bike in 3 months) and I finished 4th (out of 4) in my heat race, we were all pretty close but I got a bad jump. Anyway she says "You need to practice more" :cry: Dumbass women anyway. :cry:

Get a dualsport bike with a plate so you can commute on it

and find some new routes back & forth to work that might include

dirt. :cry:

Buy her a bike, unless you dont want to spend more time with her. :cry:

My motorcycles don't complain if I spend too much time in the house, and if my ex is complaining I can't hear it- she's in a different city. :cry:

you guys are too funny, mxcr..my wife said something along those lines..about 5 months ago I got hurt pretty bad on a triple and still kinda gun shy on them. Well we was at a practice track and she came along (first time) and she said I don't know you even race if you are not going to jump that triple.

I was thinking you know if I get to ride more than once in a blue moon, I would be more confident.

Marriage is a great thing but you gotta know how to work it. Compromise is key. :cry:

Maybe find out which of her friends are putting these ideas in her head, and pay them off. :cry:

No - but seriously, ya gotta give her what she wants, to get what you want. For some reason (I'm guessing) she is not getting what she wants, and maybe is resenting your free time. If she was okay with riding three times a week before and has a problem with it now.....something has become out of balance with her. Yeah, the ying & yang stuff. It's up to you to make a deal with her to get your riding time back. Find out what she likes to do as much as your passion for dirt bikes, and provide it for her. Dinner out more often, rent movies together, sex, shopping for nik-nak stuff, new clothes, flowers, less chores for her, I don't know....., but somehow making a "deal" always worked for me. Every couple needs time away from one another and time together, but they gotta be near equal amounts of time - kinda. :cry:

It can be almost as bothersome at the other end of the spectrum. I can't quit racing because the wifey wants to go to every damn race within a 150 mile radius. Sometimes, a play riding weekend is nice, but she says that it sooooooo boring.

Will she divorce you over it? Would you give up bikes so she wouldn't? I sure as hell wouldn't. There are some things a man's just gotta do. Anyway, IMO you need to either -(a)- decide what you're willing/unwilling to give up, start way above there, and slowly negotiate down. Or-(:cry:-Tell her that you ride bikes, you rode bikes before you met her, and you won't contemplate giving 'em up. If she asks you if it's worth your marriage, throw the question right back in her face

sounds to me like she's seeing how much control she has over you. I'd put my foot down and say "look, this is what I like to do, it's a hobby. Don't make me resent you for getting in the way of doing something that makes me happy" But say it in a nice way or else WWIII will hit :cry:

just my two cents, good luck :cry:

A wife needs to get a life or her own. Doesn't she have any hobbies? Any married couple needs sufficient single time as well. Riding is good wholesome fun. Tell her she is lucky because you could be doing lots of things that are a lot worse. Maybe she would rather you hang out in bars? Here in Nevada, you could even spend your spare time in a brothel? Think she would like that better?

Seriously, she should have her own friends and activities. Does she have friends to go shopping with, golfing with, or just a girl's night out at the movies? Encourage this if she isn't already doing it.

sounds like she's yanking the ol chain. seeing how much she can get by with. someone else here hit it right on the head, you enjoy something that doesnt include her or your doing something fun and she isnt. I lost my ex over the exact same thing. she didnt want to ride, hated my riding buddies and forbid me to go out every weekend. Damn I miss her. I should probably work on my aim. :cry: :cry:

Taking notes....

we've only been married since 7/30, so I have to be delicate but firm.

this is what I will say, "Listen chode monkey, I pay all the bills and been riding all longer than I have known. So get off my nuts."

Just Kidding, thanks for your help guys. I will let you know how it goes. Does anyone have a spare bedroom I could rent out if it goes south.

Taking notes....

we've only been married since 7/30, so I have to be delicate but firm.

this is what I will say, "Listen chode monkey, I pay all the bills and been riding all longer than I have known. So get off my nuts."

Just Kidding, thanks for your help guys. I will let you know how it goes. Does anyone have a spare bedroom I could rent out if it goes south.

Ok I was going to ask if you had anything new happening, or kids, but now I see you just got married... and she's not pregnant, right?

Yup, she is definately pulling the 'I OWN you now!' crap. (WHY do people do this?? :cry: :cry:) I mean, if this isn't something you're suddenly starting to do, and she has no reason to feel insecure (your still in 'honeymoon' phase, supposedly!) you've GOT to lay some ground rules, and find out what the heck she wants from you! Did she expect marriage meant you should only be with eachother? Is she forcing out her friends because she thinks this is what you're 'supposed' to do?

BTW, how old are both of you? Younger people tend have less rational ideas of what is 'ideal'... something about what she THOUGHT it was going to be like isn't living up to her expectations, I bet.

Just some thoughts... good luck! :cry:

Marriage is a great institution! Just ask yourself, when you were growing up, did you ever want to live in an institution? :cry: Only joking dude, just set the ground rules now, while the marriage is in its early stages. Otherwise, she'll have you whipped for life :cry:

:lol::cry: :cry: :cry::lol: :lol:

Maybe this is why I am still single. I will not make any deals with riding. I love it too damn much to let go of any days I can ride.

Hell I have a hard time giving it up long enough for family let alone a wife/girlfriend. Some times I dont. But thankfully I have a family that understands just how bad I love motocross :cry:

So in conclusion, I got nothin for ya except if your put in the dog house, you can stay at my house :cry:

tell you what get rid of the wife and get a new bike and a toy hauler. cuz you are going to need somewhere to live after the divorce....easy as that.. :cry: :cry: :cry: