Sign in to follow this  

Toast Made Some Mods

Sorry, no pics yet. I'll work on it.

Added some stuff to the bike.

Latest mods are:

7/8" ProTapers w/5.9" rise (ATV bars,sweep is about the same as stock), thought maybe I went too far but much nicer to stand while riding now;

Fastway Foot pegs, have them in the low postion & barely tipped up. Sweet pegs! :cry:

Acerbis 35w Headlight w/3 pos switch (gives me high/low & off) plan on taking some pics & making a wiring diagram so others can do this if they want;

12v adapter plug, can plug GPS into it. Power a small fridge & blender! :cry::lol: j/k. I can charge the battery by just plugging in! :cry:

CatEye Enduro2 Computer, it will be nice to know how far I've ridden. :cry:

:lol::cry::lol:

Sorry, no pics yet. I'll work on it.

Added some stuff to the bike.

Latest mods are:

7/8" ProTapers w/5.9" rise, thought maybe I went to far but much nicer to stand while riding now;

Fastway Foot pegs, have them in the low postion & barely tipped up. Sweet pegs! :cry:

Acerbis 35w Headlight w/3 pos switch (gives me high/low & off) plan on taking some pics & making a wiring diagram so others can do this if they want;

12v adapter plug, can plug GPS into it & charge the battery by just plugging in! :cry:

CatEye Enduro2 Computer, it will be nice to know how far I've ridden. :cry:

:lol::cry::lol:

Nice! I put CR Hi bends on my bike and love them. High enough for me, but if it works for you that's purty shweet.

The fastway pegs are awesome too. I'm a little on the cheap side so I just added shims. It angles them in and the hieght is fine with me.

The wiring diagram would be good for the users. A lot of people have been asking about how and what and where to wire these lights. If you need a site to host it on, let me know and I can put it on my site. :cry:

If you need a site to host it on, let me know and I can put it on my site. :cry:

Sweet! I might take you up on that. I'll PM you later when I have something. Thanks! :cry:

Latest mods are:

7/8" ProTapers w/5.9" rise (ATV bars,sweep is about the same as stock), thought maybe I went too far but much nicer to stand while riding now;

hey Toast..

If those are the ATV bars I was looking at, doesn't the sweep go a little further back?

I almost got a pair that high but noticed the sweep was something like 3 1/2+ inches.

Too much for what I wanted. So I opted for the Factory 909 mini-highs which are 5.4" high.

Glad you like what you got cuz standing up is where these taller bars really work! :cry:

BTW, do you feel like you're riding a chopper when riding sitting down? :cry:

No, the pull back is 3.0". Actually seems like a hair less than my stock bars but my stock bars are slightly bent too! :cry:

Here's some pics of my bike & thanks a bunch to 230F for posting them on his web page! :cry:

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

Look at those ape hangers! :cry:

On that aluminum bracket is the 12v plug on the left & the switch on the right. The handgaurds will go back on but I just hate cutting up those brand new grips! :cry: I might move the speedo to the right bar so the brake reservior can help protect it. :cry:

Hey Toast -- nice setup! :cry: I've been considering a headlight system myself given the upcoming daylight savings time change(uggh!) Is the current battery enough to run the headlight on the 230? Look forward to the wiring information!

Thanks!

BKC,

I was away from the PC for the last 4 days.

I only have about 4 hours on the bike with the headlight on. So far no problems. I need to run it some more with the high beam on before I can really say with 100% confidence the stator will keep up. Tha stator is rated at 60w/5000 rpm. So, if I lugged the bike for a long long time with the light on I would be probably be losing ground on charging the battery but knowing I need rpms I'll not run a gear high like I often do. Bottom line I think the stock stator is OK with a 35 watt light. If you want more watts you have to get a rewound stator. Those run about $100 if you trade your old one in. Ouch! I'll post any troubles I have with the light or charging. So far so good!

I went staight from the battery to the switch (no mystery there). So, the "wiring diagram" would really just explain how the switch was wired to give me a high & low beam. Seamed tricky at first but it's not too bad. I'd like to do it on Visio but may just do a hand sketch & take a digi pic. I wanted the low beam for daytime running (uses less juice too!)& the rare occasion I just don't want to blind someone but still want the light on.

:cry:

Yes, Installed them with the bike on a stand & the wheel off the ground just to make sure.

On the starter button mount there is a nub that goes into a hole in the stock bars. You don't want to drill a hole in your aluminum bars. So, I ground the nub off the mount. I ended up using some rubber between the bar & the mount any way. So, I shouldn't have any slippage issues.

Hey Toast -- nice setup! :cry: I've been considering a headlight system myself given the upcoming daylight savings time change(uggh!) Is the current battery enough to run the headlight on the 230? Look forward to the wiring information!

Thanks!

I found out the hard way that headlight is 35W per filament. I also confirmed it with a call to Acerbis/Scotts. It has high and low. I had the low beam by itself & then for high both the low & high to get nice spread of light. It works great for about a 1- 1 1/2 hrs. I need to just disconnect the low beam from the high beam circuit & run them seperate. I may get bored this winter & rewind the stator for more power. Then I can run both filaments at the same time.

Todays trivia:

75W = .1HP to get the 75W there are efficiency losses so it's actually .13-.14HP used to get your 75W.