Sign in to follow this  

Hockey Pads vs. Roost Guards ** Is this a serious alternative?**

I have been haveing a B*#@! of a time finding root protectors that fit my kids. They are either wayy to big or wayy to small and nothing even comes close to being comfortable to them. so I saw before that some of you use Hockey pads....Is this a viable alternative to a standard roost guard. I was looking at them to day and I gotta admit...I'm thinking of going this route instead.

Can anyone think of a reason to just say no to hockey equipment? :cry:

Well since I'm a kid or was a kid (I'm 15 now) I always like to wear what everyone else is wearing. If your kids aren't too picky go with the hockey pads. If not, I'd say do some good research and find some roost protectors. The only reason I would say no to hockey pads would because it WOULD look funny...Just my 2 cents :cry:

No, I can't, the hockey pads are very good and very comfortable, I can't find a roost protector to fit me either, I have the same problem your kids are having, they are either to small or wayyyy to big, its like they only make them for big fat guys and really tiny kids. I'm gonna buy one of those rockgardn or sixsixone protectors. BTW I'm 15 and at the last harescramble I wore my uncles old MAICO chest protector, so the post above this about the looks...who cares about what it looks like, if your fast with some old gear your gonna be the same speed with the new gear, thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard, riding gear has to look good...pssh.