Sign in to follow this  

Spray Paint the Plastics

i took off the # plate, front fender, tank, and rear fender and painted them black with just regular spray paint...works good...if ya put on about 3 coats :cry: :cry: but dont paint the shrouds

I used the Krylon Fusion on my son's TTR90. It held up really well on the fenders, but came right off the shrouds where his legs rub. Maybe with a clear coat it would hold up better.

My friend has a TTR 125 that he painted with Krylon fusion works verry well but not on the gas tank the vapours make the paint bubble. I told him that's what he gets for trying yo make his Yamaha look like a Honda. :cry:

My neighbor paited his sons xr80 black ith this paint for plastics( I think he read it on here) and the fenders came out ok , but the gas tank peeled off. I kinda thing it had something do due with being kept in a hot garage when its really hot during the texas summer

its prolly been a cpl weeks since we painted ours with regular black paint....front and back fenders are still lookin good..but on the gas tank...where my knees rub..it gets a lil peeled..unless u put a sticker over the open spot...gas does bad also...found that out today! :cry: