Sign in to follow this  

bouts me a death rocket

Hehehe death rocket thats what every one in my family calls em. Any ways I bout my self a 1998 gsx1100r suzuki today. got to do some work to it before i can put it on the road but i only gave 400 bucks for this bad ass crotch rocket. I drove it down the 1/2 mi srait that my road makes just past my house and was amased buy the acceleraition this thing has. It was a littel scary being as it has no front brakes. It does feal realy heavy thou. once I get it road worthy I think Im going to get a custume flame paint job. Any one Know any good street bike foums?

yay but no stopies

I dont want to spend a whoul lot of mony on this project but it needs a paint job, the fairings are all scratch up. I just sall it for real cheap and decided I wanted anouther sreet bike.

From an experienced sport bike rider I want to say please don,t go far without your front brakes. The bikes don't stop very well using just the back brakes, to me they are almost worthless.

Aside from that sounds cool, I love riding as much as I can I am sure you will have fun.

TW

From an experienced sport bike rider I want to say please don,t go far without your front brakes. The bikes don't stop very well using just the back brakes, to me they are almost worthless.

TW

No way Dood. If you use the front brake you'll loop it ! :cry:

Looping out is when you go over backwards. On any motorcylce you want to use your front barkes the majority of the time. :cry:

the fairings are all scratch up.

(I dont even know where to start)You may want to save the money on that custom paint it sounds like you may need it for the Co Pay

Looping out is when you go over backwards. On any motorcylce you want to use your front barkes the majority of the time. :cry:

Thank you for the back-up. Most people don't know how important the front breaks are on a street bike. :cry:

TW

Yeah, back breaks are nearly useless. Its like trying to stop a mack truck by dragging your feet on the ground.

Chris

Ripped from a MC Training Handbook: "Approximately 75% of braking power is from the front brakes." Pretty self-explanitory. This is especially true for street-bikes with dual-disks.

Dude, you ride that without front brakes :cry: thats pretty awesome... Gixxers are awesome. Get front brakes first, then ride... be careful... the death rocket moniker comes with a reason. Not to sound like a nanny, but wear a helmet. Good luck with your deat rocket :cry:

Ripped from a MC Training Handbook: "Approximately 75% of braking power is from the front brakes." Pretty self-explanitory. This is especially true for street-bikes with dual-disks.

Wow. No wonder I rear-ended that taxi cab last week. :cry:

In a hard panic stop, the back tire floats just over the ground anyway and doesn't help stopping that much at all. During normal everyday stopping, it's true that its about 75%/25% biased towards the front, but both should be used for maximum, controlled stopping power.