Sign in to follow this  

annoying stall while going downhill and clutch in

My bike has been doing this weird thing for months really, but was twice as bad today--time to post it here. Always on downhills or down trails when I bring the clutch in and start to coast along the engine shuts off.

only happens after a good 30 minutes or more on the trails....I ride at 4000 ft and the bike is jetted for that.... fuel screw at 2.5 turns.....Lately its doing it, shuting off, even on very suttle down hill runs. I'll be wanting to leave the clutch in for a while and just float down the trail through the trees on a single track and the bike just dies,stops running.... I hit the start button and it fires up or I engage the gears and it starts up..runs fine, but if I leave that clutch in for a while, whith no throttle, then it dies and allways on a down hill run... no good something is up with this...what could it be?

ya know it feels like its a float n bowl thing...the way it shuts off going down hill like that

can't you just blip the throttle as you go down? it will keep the revs up and keep it from dying.

Just a thought,its not the heel of your boot touching the sidestand switch thus cutting the engine is it?This happened to me a few times so i ended up disconnecting it.

Andy

Sounds just like a float bowl problem to me

The fuel level in the bowl is to high

Go down a hill and it just pours into the motor and floods it

how would one adjust that float level? I have been in that carb myself once.

turn your idle up a bit. it really helped to keep my bike from stalling at just the wrong time.