Sign in to follow this  

A CRF230 or a.........?

I know this is a four-stroke site and I love 4 strokes better, well I never did try a 2 stroke, but anyways. I am looking to upgrade out of my xr100. The CRF230 is alittle big but I can fit. And the Cr85Expert is the next, Best bike down from that. Since their is no CRF in between the 150 and 230. What would you guys think, A CR85Expert(I know its not a 4stroke) or stick with the CRF230 4 stroke. I am mostly going to be doing trail riding.

Lettme know, thanks. :cry:

A CR85Expert or the CRF230 4 stroke. I am mostly going to be doing trail riding.

Ask yourself this question:

a) Do I want to ride trails Fast?

:cry: Do I want to ride trails Slow?

:cry:

Okay lets round those 2 question to, Lets ride the Trails Half, fast, Half Slow.

I know the CR85 is really meant for racing, but the guy at the dealer said it would be just as good on the trails.

Not again! Do a search in this forum & you'll find lots of entertainment! I mean information on CR85 VS CRF230.

Track & even high speed trails you'll want the CR85. Technical "goaty" trails the CRF230 beats everything except a trials bike.

:cry:

Okay lets round those 2 question to, Lets ride the Trails Half, fast, Half Slow.

I know the CR85 is really meant for racing, but the guy at the dealer said it would be just as good on the trails.

the dealer is gonna tell you what you want to hear. trails and harescramble= crf 230 motocross=cr85

the dealer is gonna tell you what you want to hear. trails and harescramble= crf 230 motocross=cr85

The seat hieght on these bikes are the same, except for .1" according to Hondas site. Dunno how it could be a notch lower...

Anyways, all depends what you want...