Sign in to follow this  

Husaberg fx470e 2001 questions

I had a few questions about this bike as I am planning on buying it this Monday the 4th.

Basically I wanted to know if this bike was known for any problems. This particular bike came out late in 2001 and came with the 2002 options. It has the larger 48mm forks and the other 2002 options. The bike is in great shape and the electric start works great on it.

The other thing i wanted to find out are the specifications like weight, hp and fuel capacity.

If someone could verify if the transmition gear ratios are the same as the FE470E that would be great. The owner said it should be the same but i would like to know for sure.

This bike has me so excited it's going to be a whole new experience from my 89 xr 250.

thanks

Hey Dead-Eye -

Here are two great sources to help you with your purchase:

Husaberg's Corporate Website

Here you will find the owners manual and the parts manual available for free download.

Un-Official Husaberg Website

Here you'll find a great community of Husaberg enthusiasts who completely understand your new found excitement, and will be more than willing help you with all your needs.

~ Ken

Husabergs factory page will give you all the specs you want. FX and FE gearing is similar. Problems on an 01? Rocker arms/rollers and cam sprocket should be updated.

There is a new gear for the E Start with a slipper clutch so if it kicks back or you hit the button while rolling backwards it won't break things. Counter Balancer should be updated with the new double roller bearing unit. Counter balancer bearings don't oil the best on pre 03 bikes, so some guys prefer to remove the balancers.

DS

try this document that i've put together. it gives you just about every mod that we could think of at UHE.

here

regards

Taffy