Sign in to follow this  

2001 yz250f starting probs

yea i have a 2001 yz250f and the thing wont start i just comp had the motor rebuilt and i rode it for a week and one day i went to start it an it wouldent start so i took plug out put new in still nothing so i kicked and kicked and took plug out and i wasent geting fuel i looked at carb i was dirty so im like it needs cleaned well i cleaned it 4 times now and its spotless and i tryed to start it still nothing i have good spark and still the plug isnt wet when i take it out do u think its the throtle sensor/or somthign else

im getin fuel into the carb just not out of it into my engine after i was kickin i took the carb out and stuck my finger in the intake and it was wet but i dont think im getting enough fuel into the engne to start somthing is wrong and i dono what to do some 1 please give me some pointers asap thanks

I know you just had it rebuilt, but mis-adjusted valves often cause hard starting. You might check it out, cause if you got fuel and you got fire, it ought to run.

i didnt put new valves in it so i didnt think they needed ajusted the bike ran great for a week no probs at all and now i tryed it again last night and now im not getting fuel i dono what it is but its driving me nuts

When you cleaned the carb, did you use carb cleaner and air from a comressor. I cleaned a carb three times with no luck, until a buddy told me I had to used a little compressed air and the carb cleaner. It worked great after that.