Sign in to follow this  

spark plug yz250f

Hi i have a 01 yz250f and a have a question about the spark plug. If you are familiar with this bike you know that the cap has a long tube that goes down into the cylinder and covers the plug. If i were to change the plug how do u sudgest that i get the plug out, does the dark grey shell on top come off because i noticed there are two allen bolts on the top, or do u have to a get a large 1/16 (or some other size) socket to get it out. I just want some advice before i start taking stuff apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

riley

The dark grey shell is the valve cover. You don't have to take that off unless you are checking the valve clearances.

You should have recieved a spark plug wrench with your YZF. It is long enough to reach down there, and is articulated in the middle to make it easy to take in and out.

If you didn't get a plug wrench, you can pick one up at your dealer for a few bucks.

articulated

barton,

ease up there big guy.

think of the children.

:lol::cry::lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

Sorry, big word attack. It won't happen again. :cry:

I guess that comes from having a frame-steer tractor. >Here< is a picture. A lot of people call 'em "articulated", so that's what popped into my head. Took a dump and a thesaurus came out. :cry: :cry: