Sign in to follow this  

Anyone else suffering from sticker shock on new bikes???

perhaps i'm just showing my age but aren't these bikes getting a little pricey?? i remember getting a 250 for $2500. it was tough to handle the rapid rise up to the $5000 area in 1995. although one can argue bikes still cost $5000 (int'l motorcycle-brokers '04 honda cr250r $4699). paying $7000 for a 450X is a bit of sticker shock for me.

btw, wasn't zack listing those '04 cr250s for $4099 3 weeks ago? i was goinna buy one cause it was so cheap and when i went to order one, the price had changed.

that is about the same here in Denmark just above 10000$ USD :cry: :cry:

that is why I buy mine in the states :cry:

drive it for a year and sell it for the same that I payed for new :cry:

or $13,800 in nz,we have no borders to cross and get a better price here,spare parts aint to flash either,60 for rear brake pads,15 for an oil filter,same for a lense,must be worth it though,im still doin it!

i normally upgrade 2 bikes each year and was planning to do it again with a 450x and 450r but these prices are making me hesitate. :cry:

Prices are high no doubt. I heard about the new 450X and I think that will be the ultimate Dual Sport bike. But what's that gonna cost????? I'm thinking well over 7 G's by the time its all set up. Geez, sounds like a GasGas. :cry:

Why are the so expensive? Street bikes use a very similar engine design with 4 times as many moving parts, yet they cost only slightly more.