Sign in to follow this  

XR-50 Custom Exhaust

I am wanting to make my own XR-50 exhaust. Question is. What type of pipe bender do I need to bend that tight of a radius and where can I find one? I have the material and just need a bender. Thanks

this is what i did. i took my stock exhaust and cut the muffler part off and took all the little screens out of there and ran a strait pipe threw the muffler, becuse it is made to absorb the sound, and the strait power means strait power. then i welded it back together. just something to think about. it sounds great and gives it more low end. :cry:

i built my exhaust. i used a compact bender available from harbor freight with a follower type die. i used the part off of the stock exhaust that actually fits inside the engine, but hollowed it out a bit and welded an 1" pipe to it. i ran an extra silencer i had off of an rm 125. it seems to pull good and it sounds great.

You can also buy pre-made bends. I think Bassoni sells them. But I don't know if the sell them to the public. I also don't know their phone number, but someone might. ALso, Dave Miller from DMC will make a custom pipe for any application two stroke or four stoke. He even built a set of proto-type headers for Ernhart a few years ago. His number is 714 777-4084.