Sign in to follow this  

How many Kms/miles has eveyone done on there XR??

How many Kms or miles has eveyone done on their XR?? :cry:

Ive done 16563Kms on my odometer as of today! and thats 10351 miles.

I do alot of town riding during the week to work and back.

Ive seen 98 99 2000 model XR's for sale, with only 5000kms on the clock! actually i thinks thats pretty common. I like to ride my bike alot! and not sell it after 5000 kays! i thinks i'll probly do 50,000 kays or more! in years to come! XR's are bullet proof! I love em! :cry:

I have a '91XR250L with over 22000 miles on the clock. Yes, that's original. Still runs like a top. Unfortunately, it has developed a base gasket leak so now I need to tear into it. It makes me want to cry... :cry:

Gee that is a lot of mileage considering the maintenence schedule requires dealer services every 1000km for warranty purposes. Can I assume that these bikes haven't been to the dealers in excess of 30 times ? (that would be about $5000 dollars Australian - more than half the cost of the bike.)

Please note that this is not a dig at anyone's mileage claims or the reliability of the bike. I have always had issues with Honda's warranty requirements for bikes that are used frequently, such as these.

Cheers

About 2000 Mi on my 2003 dual sported XR, purchased last November. Need to ride more!

I have no idea. There is no odometer on my bike. You guys added one?

Na we didnt ad one, they come standered with a speedo and odometer!

I guess you didnt buy it new? somone must of taken it off

40000Km's hey?! has it had a rebuild since new? i spose he would of done a lot of work on it? how does it go with 40000 on the clock?

My guesstamite is right around 12,000 miles. That's only getting about 8 months a year use, too.

Here in the States our XR400's did not come with a speedometer, just the resetable odometer. They are not street legal when we get them from the dealer

yeah I have not seen an XR with one on there yet. Unless some one put it on there.

Ours here in the USA are for offroad.

It is not hard to get into the 5 digit odo readings (km's) when the bike is dual sported (or as in Oz, factory legal). I have a hunch that the cam chain will be the 1st thing to require replacement on a high mileage bike - the rest of it will just keep soldiering on, albeit a bit slower and a bit smokier.... :cry:

OH, so in america, you cant get XR400 licenced with number plate and ride it on public roads??

Here in OZ, as u know u can, i ride my 400 to work and back through town every day!

And when you say Dual sport, does that mean road registed trail bike?

since march 98 about 2000 km per season average,~ 14k km's

First motor rebuild after 5 seasons.~10k km's.

This is 95% trails, 3 seasons of occasional racing

stu

03' XR250 About 2500 miles now - just broke in nicely. Other than a valve adjustment, not a single issue. Gotta love em! :cry:

What about the Yamaha WR and Suzuki DR? Do you but them straight off the dealer being raod registed? Or do you have to buy dual sport kits for them too??

Here in Australia, the XR, WR, DR & KLR all come standered with lights and are road registed. But obviously if your not going to ride in on the road you can pull all that crap off.

Most states you can NOT get plates for them, even with dualsport kits

only the suzuki DRZ400S or the DR650 or the XL650 xr650l comes with plates