Sign in to follow this  

I thought this sport was popular

I thought supermoto was the new rage, tried to to sell my racebike and the most someone offered was $2000, thats crazy. I sold my little honda rs125 for double that. I hate the idea but parting out my racebike will make much more, I cant believe there isnt anyone in the NY area looking for a bike to start racing with. I dont get it, is there something im missing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2491858955&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

You might be better off selling your SM stuff seperate & the dirt

stuff with the bike...? Seems like your setup is worth more then

$2k IMO... Bummer...

dude,its a 2000.the 05 bikes are out.bottom line,its a 5 year old dirt bike.

sell the supermoto stuff seperate. :cry:

It's October in New York....very few people in that region purchasing bikes right now. I would suggest selling the SM stuff now, and waiting to sell the bike til spring if you can swing it. Just my opinion.

Good Luck! :cry:

I just tried to sell my new Honda 17 inch wheels on ebay. The whole set up with tires and 320mm EBC front brake and a renthal rear sprocket. I had 19 watchers and nobody bidding. :cry:

Oh well!!

I actually just went thru the same delima with a DRZ400E...I put the dirt wheels back on her and re-listed it on ebay with a 2150 buy-it-now...It only lasted 2 days...that's more than the highest bid on it when I was including 17" wheels..?..go-figure...I think it's mainly due to the fact that we live on the east coast...SuperMoto seems to be ALOT more popular on the west side...I too sugest listing your bike with the dirt set-up(if you kept that stuff)...I just had a buddy sell his 2000 426 for 2100. Good Luck, Mitch :cry:

Linco... what kind of wheels, what color, what rim sizes, and how much?

A kid I work with wants some wheels for his CRF but can't afford new stuff.

I just tried to sell my new Honda 17 inch wheels on ebay. The whole set up with tires and 320mm EBC front brake and a renthal rear sprocket. I had 19 watchers and nobody bidding. :cry:

Oh well!!

Linco, ya could leave a link in CRF forum.

Last night I realized why I couldnt sell my supermoto, it was so obvious. jesus wants me to stick with supermoto racing even tho it is exteramly uncomfortable and unnatural for my roadracing brain. Yes i miss the rush of a high speed roll-on knee-dragging corner at louden, the scream of my 2stroke gp bike as it hits its mircoscopic powerband, but maybe racing isnt supposed to be smooth and perfect. jesus told me that supermoto is my destiny so i better get comfortable with stuttering back tires and ungraceful dirt entrances. I was so foolish.

still its crazy people bidding more for a stock 426, rather than a supermoto setup machine.