Sign in to follow this  

Bars/Bark buster question

I just bought a set of Apico bark busters from one of the dealers at the pit area of a local enduro event. I stated Renthal bars (I have Renthal pro-bend enduro high bars) and was told the fittings were included.

I'm just trying to fit the kit now and the bars are OK in outer diameter (for the inner clamp) but the end bolt assembly won't fit - the bar has a smaller diameter end hole than the DRZ's stock handlebars.

Any idea which mountings I'd need?

Cheers

Ian

Most bark busters come with both size fittings as to offer the choice. If yours is specific to one size bar and you have the other then you are gonna have to fabricate something to help you out! Theres lots of choices and ways to do it but you will need something that fits in there first. If your limited on tools then this may be a hard fix for ya. An alluminum wedge with knurls works best. The older style bark busters used rubber gromets and a bolt that would sandwich it to mount it this might be your best bet :cry:

Sorted it, thanks. I read your reply, went back and looked at the fittings and found that, under the rubber sleeve on the expansion fitting, there's a toothed bit that fits inside the bar and bites hard into the aluminium.

Nice barkbusters, by the way. I'll post pics of the latest upgrades when it stops bloody raining here!

Cheers

Ian