WR450 compared to DRZ400E?

I took a brief ride on a WR450. They have much more power than a stock DRZ. Probably pretty comparable to a piped and 436 kitted DRZ. Stiffer suspension too.

For all day casual trail riding the DRZ is plusher and easier to manage. If he is an animal who wants to fly in shorter bursts, the WR is probably a better choice. Unfortunately, it is limited by the fact that it is a red sticker bike. God, I am glad to be in CO, where they have not yet dreamed up green/red sticker type foolishness. My buddy has a license plate on his KX250 ?

It really depends what kind of rider he is and what he wants to do with it. For me the DRZ's stock power deficit is not that big a deal, it is so easy to get more juice out of a DRZ and what the state of CA doesn't know about the state of tune that your motor is in won't hurt them. If they cost the same, I would probably go with the WR, as you get more power and inverted forks. If being able to ride whenever you want is paramount, that green sticker is worth it's weight in gold, especially if your DRZ happens to be wearing an FCR carb, Hotcams, etc ?

When I was looking at a 2004 I believe it was red sticker

It looks like they have green stickered it. I wonder if they killed the performance like they did with the Z. He did ride his neighbors 05 wr450F and wasnt impressed. I'll let him try mine, Mine has to have more poop than a stock 450. So that is basically it? 450 is more punch compared to stock and the Z is a nicer ride? The 450F is at least $1k more than the Z it has a new carb and new air injection system...uhhh ohhh, smells of less performance for the green sticker