Sign in to follow this  

Flywheel Weight on X

Just wondering if any of you are running a flywheel weight on an X model and if you have felt any improvements in tractability or loss in any performance.

Thanks!

I have the Stealy 11oz on my X. I ride mostly trails and some tech rocks etc. The added weight seems to slow the wheel spin in first and second making the motor more tractable. I plan on instaling the Z-Start and may go back to the lighter flywheel.

You know when I 1st rode my X I thought it needed more flywheel. This was after I compared it back to back with a WR250. I see that Trailtech makes a flywheel for the X so I musta been onto something with my 1st asumption. but ya know having rode my X for a summer I dont know if I would put one on it. Maybe if I ride really nasty trail all the time I would. But I ride a mix of everything and the X works well as is for this.

I to have a Stealy Flywheel wt. The 8oz one and at first I did not think it made much of a change untill got to more tech. type trails. The bike is less prone to stalling in the first gear trials like sections. At 10k to 11.5k feet in elevations momentum is your friend and the extra wt does help. :cry:

We put the biggest Trailtech (I think added 11oz)on our

250X and would do it again. Ride single track exclusively.

Make sure you get the flywheel puller too-dont want to

bugger up that Oil Journal! I got ours here...

Flywheels