Sign in to follow this  

Disc guard worth it ?

Hi guys

My local shop has some Acerbis front disc guards on special. There is one Suzuki yellow left but I'm not sure if it's worth it. I had one on my XR but never had anything hit my guard. Anyone use them ? Just how protective are they, especially since they are made from plastic ?

I didn't like the looks of them but bought a used one from a buddy that sold his DRZ. I ride in the Rocky Mts (good name for this place) several rides later I took a spill in the booneys and noticed a big scratch on the gaurd.

I like the looks of it better knowing it may save me some problems. :cry:

It is very quick to remove. Just to little allen screws on mine. I marked on the plastic which way is hard and soft for my compression adjuster.

I say get it.

I got mine for free when I bought his scotts rear disc gaurd for $50 :cry:

I installed a disc guard in the DRZ mainly 'cos I had one in my previous bikes:

36044Disc_Guard_01.jpg

This one is OEM Suzuki (only in this color) and it comes with two other pieces to protect the forks. It's nice to see things like this:

36044Disc_Guard_02.jpg

This pic was taken a long time ago and today it's worse, of course... I always think that these little damages would have gone to the motorbike if the plastic wasn't there...

Install it!! :cry: It's not a lot of money and you'll avoid to fill the spaces with grass and etc...

:cry: :cry: