Sign in to follow this  

Help Save Mosier Valley

Guys, need a favor.

It was posted a few weeks ago that Mosier Valley in Arlington, Texas was going to be sold to the city of Arlington and turned into a land fill. A few of us local riders have discussed ways to save the track and give input to whoever would listen in order to keep the track open. At this time, the best help would be for anyone and everyone to send an email to savemosiervalley@yahoo.com. I would appreciate anyone who would take a few minutes, regardless if you are someone in the industry, an amateur rider, or a fan and send an email. The email does not have to be about how Mosier is the best track in the country - because, certainly, opinions vary. Maybe just a note about a time you raced there or whatever. Let him know who you are.

Regardless of your opinion of Mosier, you should be concerned when any track is being closed down, forcibly by a city, and going to be turned into a land fill.

If you guys could, please post this info and/or email address on other forums to help get the word out. Thank you for your help.

OK folks. I just sent them a note. All you local D/FW riders, we need to pitch in and keep this place a track. We don't need the stench of a landfill, but the wonderful music of a bike blasting up a jump, blasting a berm, and roosting any in their path.

From what I have read and understand, there is no stopping it. The owner SOLD it to the city, it was his to sell, and trying to stop it is useless, same as trying to stop a guy from selling his car that he owns. Unless someone steps in and buys it from the city (not likely, for I am sure an incredible markup, the track is finito, done, gone, sayanora. Sucks, but that's the way it appears.

From what I have read and understand, there is no stopping it. The owner SOLD it to the city, it was his to sell, and trying to stop it is useless, same as trying to stop a guy from selling his car that he owns. Unless someone steps in and buys it from the city (not likely, for I am sure an incredible markup, the track is finito, done, gone, sayanora. Sucks, but that's the way it appears.

Not just yet. As of last Thursday evening (Sept 30) - nothing had been signed - and that came directly from Mr. Surber himself. It does look in enevitable, but ya never know. It was supposed to be sold a while back as well and the deal fell through at the last minute.

It's worth a shot. Send an email!

Got this note tonight in response to the emails:

"WOW! I will forward these messages to the people of Arlington.

Perhaps this will make a difference. Thank you for your concern

and the fact that you want to help. I should be talking with the

City of Arlington this Wednesday."

It's not over just yet. Take a few mins and send and email!

Thanks - and thanks to those that have already sent emails!