Who's doing the Ventura County M/C club charity ride with me?

It's just a few weeks away and I havent really been riding since Big Bear in June. But I'm ready for the Tinta trail! I'll be starting my little 2 mile daily run ramp up this week. So, if you're looking for a challenging ride, and a challenged riding partner, lemme know! ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi kieth i want to do it with you this ride its a lot of fun, my bike as of friday was not ready, it should be ready in the next few days. are you a member of the bbtr club? we are going on a club ride in the Anza borrego state park october 9TH for club members only it should be a fun ride. see you at V.C. M/C ride. paco paez

Chucker, as long as you dont have a big BMW GS or something you'll be fine. I've seen your posts, you'll be fine. Plus, on this years ride I heard they'll have bail outs before the toughest section. The tough section is the Tinta Trail which I think is one of the best parts of the ride. It's a little work, but worth it.

Tinta doesn't scare me (even though I have never done that trail)! I was mostly curious about the route sounds like a lot of fun, where does the ride end? Back at Frasier? And is gas at Cuyama? Too many stupid questions I just need to sign up and do it! ?

Chucker

I know where we’ll be gassing, but I'm sworn to secrecy LOL

The ride starts and ends at the Flying J in Lebec

That’s all I’m at liberty to say

We (ride promoters) don’t like to give out to many details in public forums

You never know who’s lurking about

Is see you didn't totaly trash her yet though?? ?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/Rockchucker22/ubb.gif

I know I have a problem ?

129 total miles

70% single track trails

About 35 miles of pavement

Gas at 45 and 65 miles in

This is all advertised on the flyer

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ridefliers/2004VCMC-DSflyer.pdf

Cya there

I'll be on this,

This is actually one of the trails we’ll be on mid morning

The snow is gone, it was unpassable in Late Febuary ?

snowyz.jpg

It looks like most of my buddies are flaking out and I might be riding solo. I'd love to hook up with someone.

(still determined to find a way from Fraizer to Santa Barbara)

Would like to meet you both

Most likely I'll be camping out the night before in Hungry Valley, Wife and kids riding Saturday, Dual Sport Sunday

I bring my Lance Camper I'll be in the open area between LikLik and Smith Fork camps, I can't stand the noise of the camp grounds, Stop in and say hi.

Hey Kieth

How things. I going to go on that ride as well. Thought it would be a good first time dual sport ride for me. I'm just waiting to get my AMA membership #. Maybe you can you can put a good word in for me to hurry them up. ? I also have a frend who has a CRF250-X who wants to go (yes it's plated). Do you think that bike can make it. Give me a call, I got a couple of questions for ya. It's important that I talk to you before this upcoming ride

Mike

I'll be camped with Tom, I have a Brady Bunch motorhome(1978 Champion class A, brown everything)You'll be ok Mike, you can do the ride without the membership #. LA-B-V is a different story, but you can join AMA the day of the ride at sign up. I'll call you this week.

How many kids will be camping , I might get my wife talked into camping if there is kids to play with my 1 1/2 year old son..... Just a little background my wife lost her eyesight about 6 mo ago from MS so its hard for me to go camping anymore as she needs help. I would love to camp at Gorman I haven't stayed there in years. Just day trips. ?