Sign in to follow this  

IMS 3.2 Gal - Best Price? Natural Color?

I am looking at getting a 3.2 Gal IMS for my "S". Who has the best price? I am thinking of getting the natural color and am wondering how the color or lack of color holds up. Any pictures with the natural IMS tank would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Singletrak

I think natural is the best color available. I've had it on past bikes and think it looks good. I have been pricing them out as I, too, plan on buying the 3.2 natural for my bike. Rockymountainmc.com lists the tank at $199.99 shipped. Not a bad price. I checked the TT store and if I remember correctly, they were listed at $219.00. I could be wrong, but I know it was over $200. I beleive that TT price matches though and its nice to keep the money with the site store if possible.

moto004.jpg I love my ims natural! It is about a year old and does have a little yellowing but not bad I think gas will yellow it no matter what you do!

I have the 3.2 in natural. I just rode for the first time today with it. Is it suppose to have a gasket between the petcock and tank? I put gas in it, it leaked out the bottom around the petcock :cry:. I took it off, the o-ring style seal around the petcock was in perfect condition :cry:. I made a rubber gasket for it, that seemed to cure the problem :cry:. Also, does the IMS take a special cap? My stock cap leaks bad around the filler neck, it did not leak a drop on the stock tank :cry:.

I am sure this has been coverred before but does the IMS bolt right one w/no problems or is it the CLARKE that has problems fitting. I can't remember which one.

I just bought a 3.2 brand new on e-bay, but it didn.t come with brackets or cap. It fit perfect after removing the half-donut on top of the frame. I just made the brackets to fit and had a stick-on piece of rubber to replace donut. I bought an Acerbis cap that fit the tank and have no leak so far from the petcock.

The last IMS tank I bought came brand new with petcock gasket, cap, and fuel line. You guys aren't getting this stuff with your tanks?

If you look at the cap upside down, It has a rubber type gasket around the outer 1/4 inch. Then the cone looking breather deal in the center. I have a IMS cap on the way.

The gasket on my new IMS tank is a cone looking deal, with the top part of the cone a flat washer like part. It extends down in side the tank about 2 inches. IOW, it is not just a flat rubber ring up in side the cap.

IN fact,, the seal look’s so much like a shipping plug,,,,,, I throw the one that came with my tank away :cry: NAd asked IMS to send me a seal, as my tank did not have one.. they sent me the free replacement "seal" aka the shipping plug cone looking thing,, and I realized what I had done... My guess is,, others have done the same thing,, then just used a flat seal as a replacement.

The e-bay seller was a nearby dealership. On the bag was the original invoice dated 2001. I guess it was ordered for someone then shelved and all the stuff got lost.

I tried using my OEM cap on my last IMS (Yamaha) and while it seemed like it fit, it did not as well as the IMS cap did. I thought the OEM would be better made, but whether or not it was better, the IMS version was the only one to make a tight seal.

BTW, what is the TT store policy on price match? Rockymountain lists the tank at $199.99...