Sign in to follow this  

Fitting a DRZ-E exauhst to a DRZ-S

I have just purchased a White Bros R4 exhaust - slip on with mid pipe. It is made for the E/K model - but I have the S model, what am I going to have to modify...just the rear mount bracket????

I am going to use the stock head pipe for now, but they sell the head pipes that will fit it, you dont have to buy the whole system like yosh - you can piece them together :cry: - so I will add that soon. thanks

You should be able to bolt it to the rear hole o the passenger footpeg mount using a slightly longer bolt if you're still using the footpeg, or the stock bolt if no footpeg. If you are using an exhaust reducer/adapter that comes with some aftermarket exhaust (for ex. FMF powercoreIV) then the hole will get pushed back 1/2 inch and a small bracket will have to be made to reach the mount. The rear mount is easily repositioned to fit either the stock giant muffler mount bolt, or a smaller bolt in the small hole just to the rear of the giant one...If you need them, I have some close up pics on BURNED's webpage of an E pipe on an S...or if you can see it in my Avitar that is a Yosh Ti E on a 2002 S... :thumbsup:Andrew

Cool thanks - I looked at your pics, and see what you did I think.....should be no issues, just minor bracket mods :cry: