Sign in to follow this  

Pics of Why No Riding Pics

:cry:

As you know, if I have an interesting ride I try to take some pics and post them. I was all set to ride this weekend, fresh oil and air filter but it was not to be.

Img2004-10-03-002Web.jpg

Img2004-10-03-005Web.jpg

Img2004-10-03-007Web.jpg

Here is the short version, I was parked at work on Saturday trying to finish up some paperwork and heard my car alarm go off. I looked out the window and saw a youth riding a scooter away from my car. He then met up with two other youth, which shared a bike, riding away. I figured they just bumped it, but I headed right down to check it out. A-hole threw a rock through the window and stole my cell phone. There was glass everywhere, in the air vents, back seat, under the seats . . .

I chug back up to my office to call the law. Based on my description they caught the future prison inmates. It is a good neighborhood and there were about 5 cars and a motorcycle cop out looking for them. The found some suspects and they drove me over and I IDed them. :cry: :cry: The Police also recovered my phone from them. :cry::lol: Turns out they have also just stolen a bike, gas powered scooter, and vandelized some business. They were all about 16 years old and the cops charged they guy who broke my window with a felony. Seems odd for the crime, but I am pleased. They all went to juvy. I asked the cops if they will just let them out and they said with all this stuff, they would be there a while. So by the time I get done with all the paper work and cleaning my rig back up, the weekend went down as rideless. :cry: Maybe I can sneak away from work during the week.

I didn't deserve this, but sometimes 'deserves got nothing to do with it.'

Chad

I'm sorry... it's a pity that this happens :cry:...

At least you recovered your phone and they got caught!

BTW.- Is this a Land Rover? Looks nice!! :cry:

:cry: :cry:

Are the cops going to make their parents pay for the window?

Yes!!! Are the parents gonna pay the window? In Spain if a minor(less than 18 years of age) does something like that, the parents are legally responsible.

Are the cops going to make their parents pay for the window?

No, I would have to file a civil law suit or a small claims action to get the parents to pay. I doubt their parents would pay up, or have any money or property to sieze or lien against. We are considering it, but I doubt it is cost effective. We may do it just to be a pain.

There is such a larger burden on society that people realize when this happens. I lost work time/ride time and did not make money, or be productive. The cops spent hours on this stuff, the courts and District Attorney will be involved and the judge and court clerks will get involved. If this is not their first offense, then they will stay in juvy detention for a period of time and then it gets worse, counselors, doctors, guards, free meals. I have to take time from work to get and pay for a new window, the kids parents may have to miss work/hire an attorney to help their kids. It is a drain.

I'm sorry... it's a pity that this happens :cry:...

At least you recovered your phone and they got caught!

BTW.- Is this a Land Rover? Looks nice!! :cry:

:cry: :cry:

Good call, it is a Discovery 2. Great car. The new LR3 is a disappointment so I don't know what to get next. :cry:

Ya the glass will be costly to replace but prolly less than all the legal fees it would take to try and get it out of the responsilble party! Call the glass guy and suck it up and press what ever charges you can! What a bummer man!Get a life you little pricks! :cry:

I like your car!! :cry: I have liked it from the very first day that I saw it. I find it very capable off-road and very comfortable for every day... I agree about the next LR3 too... :cry:

I was gonna buy one like yours but VW released the Touareg and I felt in love with it:

36044Llumar_Tint_Touareg_00.jpg

I couldn't avoid buying it here in USA 'cos in Spain it is reaaaaaaally espensive and I wouldn't be able to afford it over there... you would love the Touareg if you drove one... :cry:

I don't use it off road 'cos here in D.C. is not easy to find a path... in Spain I could go off-road with my DRZ in 2 minutes... there were lots of public places to drive dirt bikes only 2 miles from my home, living in the center of the city!!! But here in the States it is different... :cry:

:cry::lol:

Every court has restitution. Tell the Police you have out of pocket expenses and the court can order them to pay the money back as part of their plea or sentence. Just remember if they are broke then you will never get paid. Some times it is better to just move on...

"the cops charged they guy who broke my window with a felony. Seems odd for the crime, but I am pleased"

Breaking into a locked vehicle to commit a theft crime is vehicle burglary, a strong felony. It's only too bad that when they turn 18 it will be washed from their records, only to start over again in the system as adults. :cry: