Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400S vs DRZ400SM

Hello all, I need some advice. I was going to buy a 2005 DRZ400S and put the aftermarket gel seat on to lower the seat height. Now I see the DRZ400SM on suzuki.com. I like the SM suspension and the fact that the 17" wheels give it a lower seat height. But since there radial tires would I be able to put knobby/dirt tires on the 17" wheels.

I would like to use the SM for more dirt then street.

Thanks

You will have get get a grip on the style of riding that your are going to do a greater % of. SM, MX, DS.

It sounds like the height factor of a bike is your main concern :cry:

There are ways around this :cry:

keep an eye on this board, and get as much feed back as you can.

Check past historys on differant bike, riders and configurations. You will get a lot of help here :cry:

You came to the right spot, before you start spending a possible small fortune :cry:

Good luck :cry:

Hey, thanks for the response. I want to be able to ride trails (offroad here in Florida, lots of sand), but I want to be able to ride on the street to get to the trails. I think the DRZ400SM would be good for me if I could put DOT knobbies on the 17" wheels.My friend has a DRZ400S and the seat is a little tall for me. I've ridden a KDX200 for 10 years and I'm ready for a new bike.