Sign in to follow this  

my spokes freaked me out!!

so today i was riding my bike on the street. i wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary really. a friend that was behind me told me that my tire looked like it was out of balance or wobbly. so i pulled over and i was astonished to find 3 broken spokes and ALL my other ones were loose. i haven't messed with them ever and never had a problem with my dr350 that was ridden hard off road. is this a thing that happens frequently with the drz? could it have been a dealer assembly issue? the bike has 2300 miles on it.

also is it better to replace all the spokes or just the broken ones?

thanks guys

the spokes need to be tightened on new bikes before they are ridden.its kinda like the lack of grease. :cry:

the spokes broke becuase the rest were loose.

not a dealer assembly issue.

they didnt all of a sudden come loose.

replace the broken spokes and re true the wheel.

I just tighten mine for the second time in 2 years not bad I figure. I felt a small woble today so I stoped and checked and yep one loose and the rest needing to be tightened. :cry:

I think the stock spokes are really crap for quality. All of my nipples have small fractures in them. :cry: Still deciding whether to swap to SM :cry: or overhaul the bike for dirt. :cry:

the spokes need to be tightened on new bikes before they are ridden.its kinda like the lack of grease. :cry:

the spokes broke becuase the rest were loose.

not a dealer assembly issue.

they didnt all of a sudden come loose.

replace the broken spokes and re true the wheel.

i actually looked at them the other day and they were all tight and nice. :cry:

ok so should i buy an entire spoke kit or just a couple of spokes to replace the broken ones?

thats your call.i personally would respoke the whole wheel.but you could get away with just the broken spokes.