Sign in to follow this  

Baby Burr DS ride?

Anyone gonna do it?

I'm likely to be in the area that weekend, but not on that ride. If weather holds, will ride my DR350 down there, 2-up with my 10 y/o son, and tour off-road on the trails and such.

Am concerned that the Baby Burr would be a bit much, 2-up with a 10 y/o on the back.

Have taken part in other DS rides around Logan in the past with that same bike (I'm original owner, it has almost 47,000 miles on it), so have seen how nice it is down there.

Hoping to maybe swing by the event Saturday night and visit.

Best,

Doug Grosjean

Luckey, Ohio

I am planning to attend along with my son. If you have been before, what is it like. How much trail vs. road, etc.

How many mles do you run each day?

Thanks

Dan

I haven't been there before. Was told that it probably wasn't a good idea to run it 2-up with my 10 y/o son on the back, so the two of us will likely ride around on the dirt roads in the area looking for ghost towns and leaves and covered bridges.

Well go ahead and give me the highlights and let me know what an idiot I am for missing it.... Details....I can take it :cry:

Well go ahead and give me the highlights and let me know what an idiot I am for missing it.... Details....I can take it :cry:

Didn't ride in it. Was in the area, riding down there 2-up in the 42F rain with my 10 y/o son on my 50,000 mile DR-350s. We got to the Moonville (a ghost town) area, cutting across the ridges on various dirt roads. Sunday was pretty nice. Explored the cemetery, watched the DS event riders go by, then got back on the bike and rode home. 420 miles R/T for Saturday / Sunday.

Cutting across the ridges, my son and I had a blast. But the rest of the ride, on pavement, well... the DR is not a touring bike, even if it does have a Corbin and saddlebags.