Sign in to follow this  

son takes a 8ft header!

Ok guys first post on this forum. Today my 6 yr old son was doing what 6yr olds do, not pay attention or didn't know better or care or what if I do this... (maybe you would have to know my son) Well he took a 8ft fall into our just dug basement on his xr50! Before I get it from some of you, I was only about 20ft away yelling for him to stop when he went over the edge to my horror. After a .5 second drop of the xr6oo, run and dive into the hole I found him standing already trying to turn off his xr. Thank God he was ok. I couldn't belive it! After a good check of my boy and finding he was ok, he started to cry about his xr. (might be a chance for a lesson here huh?) The forks (lower) are bent as you would expect. Upper? Not sure if I can just put in new lowers. Advice? Everything else is seems ok. Anyone got a used set of forks?

Ebay is your good friend! I ride near lake missouri here, and on the sand bards there can be hills that go straight DOWN into DEEP water, so if I cannot see what is beyond the hill I ALWAYS slow down. I have drowned my XR200 in 10' of water once, and it was not fun. An excellent lesson for your son, I am happy he was not injured.

Ok guys first post on this forum. Today my 6 yr old son was doing what 6yr olds do, not pay attention or didn't know better or care or what if I do this... (maybe you would have to know my son) Well he took a 8ft fall into our just dug basement on his xr50! Before I get it from some of you, I was only about 20ft away yelling for him to stop when he went over the edge to my horror. After a .5 second drop of the xr6oo, run and dive into the hole I found him standing already trying to turn off his xr. Thank God he was ok. I couldn't belive it! After a good check of my boy and finding he was ok, he started to cry about his xr. (might be a chance for a lesson here huh?) The forks (lower) are bent as you would expect. Upper? Not sure if I can just put in new lowers. Advice? Everything else is seems ok. Anyone got a used set of forks?

Glad to hear your son is okay. Several mini hop up shops sell the stock stuff off from soon to be converted XR's. Try www.twobrothersracing.com or www.bbrmotorsports.com and E-bay as well.

Take care

Steve

Glad your son is OK. :cry: BBR garage sale is great, but ebay has better prices. (sometimes)

Thanks for the well wishes. Son is totally unfazed and thinks nothing of it. If that was me and my 600 I would still be laying there. :cry: Thanks for the links too. Checked them out and ended up finding a new take off at a local shop. $100.00 out the door was not too bad looking at other sites. Ebay could of been cheaper but you never know what you get sometimes + shipping. JC

Glad your son is ok.I also have a son and it is a guy thing,Our bodies could be broken beyond repair and the first question is my bike/car ok, :cry:.The main thing is that he is healthy and ha still wants to ride.Good luck.