Sign in to follow this  

Riding in Florida Panhandle

I ride trails on the Eglin Reservation, but you have to be street legal. PM me for contact info. There's nowhere in this area for trails other than Eglin. There's a mx track in Milton (west fl mx), also one in PC (county line mx), and I'm sure there's one in Pensecola... But no trails in the area except for eglin... I ride off 285, and Lewis Turner in FWB, also up towards Crestview, opposite of the Okaloosa Correctional Institute (duck pond).. There's also a few places east of Seminole/Villa Taso (sp?) ... But again, have to be street legal.

A few guys ride some claypits right next to the intersection of 285 and 90.. Don't have to be street legal for that, but beware of rednecks with guns. :cry: I've actually seen quite a few guys out at the claypits. It would be a good place to gather some contacts. :cry:

Whereabouts are you?

Squidward, Isn't there also a mx track near Crestview? Also, do you know if any of these tracks have a website or contact info? I usually make the trip to Milton a couple of times a year. This is a pretty good track! I wouldn't mind going to a few others in that area though.

There was supposedly another track just inside Crestview, which also had a flat track. I tried calling the number, however it wasn't in service anymore. :cry: They were also said to have a bit of trails (enough for harescrambles).

I'll try to find the info on it tomarrow morning. ( :cry: )

As I recall, it was a family owned track. So it's quite possibly gone.

Go to prosportsusa.com

They have all the FL tracks listed (minus Mulberry MX which isn't near you)

Don :cry:

Looks like i might be moving back to FWB. Looking for someone to ride with out on the range or in NW FL.

Welcome back.I ride motocross in this area. Been stationed here 11yrs. What squid said about the trails is true. All of belongs to Eglin AFB and you have to be on a registered bike. THe Milton track closed about 4 months ago, owner didn't renew lease, but they are going to open a new track in the fall east of Crestview. There are some others that are about a two hour drive( Mobile, Panama City, and one towards Dothan). As for Crestview track, it hasn't been groomed on about 20 years or it seems, and the trails are pretty grown in. Hopefully this helps out.

County Line is on the Bay County (I think that's it) line, just of 231. It's a nice track. There's one in Newton, AL (Riverside MX), which is just a little ways from Dothan. It's a fun sand track, but hasn't been changed in a while. I ride there most weekends. I hear that there might be a small series starting up between County Line and Riverside.

Welcome back.I ride motocross in this area. Been stationed here 11yrs. What squid said about the trails is true. All of belongs to Eglin AFB and you have to be on a registered bike.

Yea i know i was stationed there before for 4.5yrs and might get an assignment back. But i have ridden out there before and most of the time you never see a range cop if your riding trails in the woods. They seem to hang out on the paved roads looking for racers and curious onlookers. If you do run into one and show them your range pass and ID they are pretty cool about it.

I will just have to get WR and make it street legal, or pick up a DRZ. I am not into the MX thing, for an old guy like me will stick to trail riding.

Your right about that. I'm out of Hurlburt on Gunships just curious to see what you did here before. The DRZ would be perfect for the range.