Sign in to follow this  

01 yz250f

yea well i had a prob with starting the bike i posted an add on here last nigth i got it to run i unpluged the throtle sensor and richednd the fuel a little bit and it fired right up and runs really smooth and bitie i was wondering do i have to plug the sensor back in or can i just tape it off and leve it go

and i have a nother question my back wheel is bent and im going to buy 2 new excell rims with new spokes and i was wondering if i can spoke it up with my stock hub

and im thinking of buying power now any body give me a sugestion

and 1 last thing does the 01 250f's have a rev limmater cuzz i never really hit it it ether dosent have 1 or ist way up there thanks for your help

ride or die

Berrrrapp

2001 yz250f full pro circut t4 system with dr d hot start kit applied top clamp fat bars runns wild also has a custom made exaust tip i made in machine shop its makes it a hell of a lot louder and little more snap

ill answer one of your questions YES IT HAS A REV LIMITER the only motor without one is the yanko and it was in a car, (im not sure how you spell it) i think they made it for a year the damn thing reved till it blew to peices now would u want a bike like that??? lol the redline on a 01 YZ250f is 13,500 RPMS thats fast :cry::lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

yea well i had a prob with starting the bike i posted an add on here last nigth i got it to run i unpluged the throtle sensor and richednd the fuel a little bit and it fired right up and runs really smooth and bitie i was wondering do i have to plug the sensor back in or can i just tape it off and leve it go

and i have a nother question my back wheel is bent and im going to buy 2 new excell rims with new spokes and i was wondering if i can spoke it up with my stock hub

and im thinking of buying power now any body give me a sugestion

and 1 last thing does the 01 250f's have a rev limmater cuzz i never really hit it it ether dosent have 1 or ist way up there thanks for your help

You can run it without the TPS but many on the YZ4XXFs think that there is actually an improvement in performance. Most with 250Fs seem to think there is a reduction in performance. :cry:

You can use you stock hubs but it depends on the spokes you use. I used Excel rims, Spline Drive Nipples, and Bulldog spokes with my OEM hubs. No drilling required just lace up and true and your ready to go. I don't remember off the top of my head but the front nipples are smaller than the rear, For spline drive I think it is 7.5 mm front and 8.0 mm in rear but not sure of the exact measurements.

As for the PowerNow, do a search in the TT archives and you should be able to read non-stop for about 7.5 years. Many of us have them and like them but they are not a manditory item to have.