What is manual term for the "fuel screw"?

Hello TT members,

I'm trying to solve my '04 CRF450 idle stall using old posts but I can't figure out which screw is the "fuel screw" in the diagrams of my f'n manual? Is it the throttle stop, main jet, slow jet? My 450 runs perfectly except for death at idle, and won't start in gear (with clutch engaged). Thanks in advance!

The fuel screw is under the float bowl, if you take a small mirror and look under the float in front of the carb (towards cylinder not airbox). There is a small brass screw, in for less fuel (leaner) out for more (richer). It might also be referred to as a mixture screw. Buy A kouba or other extended fuel screw but a screwdriver bit alone can do the job fine, it is just a hot area once she is running. ?

Is it the pilot screw?

Yes.

pilotscrew.jpg

Make sure your motor is fully warmed up before you settle on a setting...

I use a tiny, compact bit driver w/ a narrow slotted bit to adjust this, you can also get by w/ the bit only, particularly if you use in conjunction w/ a small pair of vise grips.

Hope this helps.

Lean will be indicated by a popping on deceleration. This is something you want a little of (popping) If you eliminate the popping altogether throttle response will suffer to some degree. Rich will cause sputtering and be hard to start when warm. I am only referring to the pilot circuit.