Sign in to follow this  

XR70R motor parts

Heyas,

My daughter's 98 XR70's motor is smoking when cold, lessened power and is overall tired. Any suggestions where to get engine parts for it to bring it back to oem specs or maybe a bit stronger without spending a ton of money? Am I stuck with Honda dealers? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks for the link. Nice site. Any idea what level their 'race' setup is? I don't want to sacrifice dependability or increase maintenance as this was/is a beginners bike for my daughters.

You always sacrifice some reliability for performance. Since kids move up to bigger bikes fairly fast, I've never been inclined to "upgrade" any components unless they needed repair (as in your case) and then it's always minimal. Good luck with your repairs.

Thanks for the link. Nice site. Any idea what level their 'race' setup is? I don't want to sacrifice dependability or increase maintenance as this was/is a beginners bike for my daughters.

It depends one which setup you go for. Probably you would be fine with just the kit for $165, would take care of your smoking troubles and give just alittle more torque to the motor, certainly not enough to scare your daughter or anything.