Sign in to follow this  

Bent / Broken right footpeg mount

TT'rs...

During a race today, I bent as well as broke my right foot peg bottom bracket.

Since I don't have a digi, let me describe for you. Bottom bracket of peg mounts is bent down about 10 degrees and twisted clockwise a bit. The outside of the bracket is broken, thus, not making a complete hole for the footpeg bolt/cotter pin.

Right now, the bolt is still in there, wedged hard and I kicked the footpeg to see what would happen. Footpeg bends up and returns as normal, but the bolt does not move, so that is good for me, to finish race.

How would I go about getting this fixed? Find a welder who could tweak it back into normal position and weld the break?

Thanks for the help.

mx813

funny you ask that question...the same thing happend to me today too...i went down hard and my left foot peg..totally got trashed bent foward so much that i could shift....so i just got a hammer while i was at the track and knocked the hell out of it till i went somewhat back to normal.... sux my foot would not stay on the peg after that...

even if I bent it back into shape with a hammer, the mount is cracked all the way through...still need to determine what to do