Sign in to follow this  

WELL I DID IT!

As you all may know i had a spill last saturday that broke my collar bone... great! Well after a week i decided to sit on my bike and what do you know!!!! i have BENT BARS!!! NOOOO! So iam in the market for some bars... I want some Pro Tapers for sure... Xcept i dont know what kind... CR medium bends or high Bends? theres so many to choose from.... will i need some new clamps and all that jazz? Also can i do the job myself or do i need a pro... 😢 Doesnt seem that hard... but yeah i need new bars... thanks for the help.... 😢

How tall are you? Go to the shop & grap som bars & compare them to stock. That's what I did & I think I ended up with bars that are right for me.

You can get the 7/8" Protapers & use your stock clamps. They run about $65. High quality, stout bar.

I was able to get my grips off with out damage but anticipating the worst I had already bought new grips.

Good luck!

😢

As you all may know i had a spill last saturday that broke my collar bone... great! Well after a week i decided to sit on my bike and what do you know!!!! i have BENT BARS!!! NOOOO! So iam in the market for some bars... I want some Pro Tapers for sure... Xcept i dont know what kind... CR medium bends or high Bends? theres so many to choose from.... will i need some new clamps and all that jazz? Also can i do the job myself or do i need a pro... 😢 Doesnt seem that hard... but yeah i need new bars... thanks for the help.... 😢

Well, for new bars, try and pinpoint the problems of your old bars when you rode it and correct it with the new bars. My problem was the bars were too low, but had the right ammount of sweep. This lead me to buy the CR Hi bends.

You may want to buy new grips. The stock ones are hard as a rock and you may have trouble getting them off. Tip here is to take rubbing alcohol and a screwdriver, and dip the driver in the alcohol, then slip it under the grip. Do this about 10 times all aorund the grip and it will slide right off.

You can use the stock clamps as long as you buy 7/8" bars, for pro taper you will look for the S.E bar. 😢

well iam about 5'6..... so iam thinking some Medium or high bends? 😢 ALso could you help me with some installing, i dont want to mess up on something 😢

THANKS ALOT 😢

Installing help:

Take a digital of your bars & cable routing before you take them off & print it out for referance.

Follow the Service Manual.

😢

anything? 😢

Young sir, the choice is up to you. We can make suggestions until the world ends.

Handlebar threads are all over this forum. I've mentioned Factory 909 mini-highs.

Others have mentioned Pro Tapers, Renthals, etc.. Measure your stock bars. Go to a bike shop.

Look at the handlebars. Hold them in your hands. Measure them against your stockers.

It's easier than you think. Then tell us which handlebars you bought.

We're anxious to know!

😢

anything? 😢

Young sir, the choice is up to you. We can make suggestions until the world ends.

Handlebar threads are all over this forum. I've mentioned Factory 909 mini-highs.

Others have mentioned Pro Tapers, Renthals, etc.. Measure your stock bars. Go to a bike shop.

Look at the handlebars. Hold them in your hands. Measure them against your stockers.

It's easier than you think. Then tell us which handlebars you bought.

We're anxious to know!

😢

i like the young sir thing.... makes me feel cool 😢 :cry:..... and i was get what ur saying wink wink 😢

i like the young sir thing.... makes me feel cool 😢 :cry:..... and i was get what ur saying wink wink 😢

Well, from what I heard at your school, you are pretty darn cool. 😢

Hope you find the right handlebars for your riding style!

😢