Sign in to follow this  

Rear Shock gone?

Got on my bike today before i loaded up for my race and when i sat on it it has no rear suspension. The shock did not seam to work it didnt sink in any and it was like sitting on a rock. I dont know what happened. I took it to a moto track the other day adn it rode fine but now it is all still and really hard to ride. The back shock will not soak up anything. I do not know what heppened i didnt do anything to it or change a thing. What could be the cause of this. I am taking it apart at work tomorrow and having my tech guy take a look at it but i dont have a clue.

Looks like its blown. Perhaps it lost all of its nitrogen. Did you see any oil around the shaft ?

linkage is bound up.. needs grease..

Yes, or the swingarm. If the shock lost nitro or oil it would be soft or springy and not locked up.

doc

Same excect thing with my cr250. Dont panic dude, no sweat at all. Easy fix. Take the linkage off, real easy, dont even have to tear apart your bike to get to it. All my bearings were frozen and rusted out, so bad, when i took the bearings out, I hammered and hammered, and finally peices of the little pins in the bearings and rust crumbled out. Afetr that, it was so sweet. smooth as can be. My bike was like a rock to, it would compress about 2 inches total on big jumps, and no more! Grease your linkage, took me about 45 min, and i had no clue what i was doing. It was easy. :cry:

Exactly what heppened too. We took the rear shock off and looked at the beaqring at the bottom it was rusted in place with no greese at all. So went up front and ordered a bearing so should be in tomorrow :cry: Easy $12 fix that has probably effected my entire season...