Sign in to follow this  

Monster Mountain

Any of you been to Monster Mountain in Tallassee, AL lately? Went there today and it was the worst that I've ever seen it. They have no way to water the track, not to mention that it hasn't been groomed since ... who knows when. If things don't change they are going to be in serious trouble. I heard several people complaining about it today, saying they weren't coming back. I can't say that I blame them!

The promoter is bankrupt and has no money to operate the facility. To my knowledge it is now permanently closed.

Our Vintage National that was scheduled there for the weekend of November 13-14 was in danger of being cancelled.

The promoter is gone and the land owner is letting us coordinate and run our event, then will probably let it grow up and lease it for cattle. (Or so said a little bird.)

i hate to hear that. it was a great track. every time i was there the turn out was great. i wonder what the problem was? the place has to much potential to let go. i bet another promoter will open the track up unless the land owners got greedy

The Monster ran into some trouble, but they are still open. Here's a link to a local website for that series:

Here.

I went there at the beginning of Jan on my way to florida, spent 3 days there. They groomed and watered on Sat and Sunday morning. The track was ready by 8:30. The new guys treated us like GOLD. I was impressed, so much so I am heading back around the 18th of Feb. 18 hour drive and I still think its worth it. MIKE:canada: