Sign in to follow this  

03 wr aus spec

what other things can i do to make my wr go more like a yz ive read FAQ. chec my sig for mods already done, can you change exhaust cam on 03? being a australian spec it has no throttle stop or grey wire mod so im told

The aussie bikes dont have the grey wire but they do have the throttle stop, although most dealers will replace the throttle stop with the shorter one before you take delivery of the bike.

Get a YZ exhaust cam if you want YZ style power delivery. The WR flywheel is also heavier than the YZ.

Sounds like you have done almost every thing i have riden a yz250f it seen a bit snapper perhaps you should try and get a ride on a yzf i think the yzf has a differant cdi i think the cam is about $500+ fitting.i have thought about doing it but the i dont thing it would make a large diffrents.may you should get a 450 they are mean compared to the 250.i dont mind the 250 but it is good fun on a 450 :cry:

Speaking of Aussie bikes I have a Staintune exhaust and find it very offensive!!! I have to wear ear plugs just to ride it. If I put the bung in, it runs crap. I'm going to find a YZF muffler and just put that on.

i thought about going the 450 but i only weigh 67 kg so thought the 250 was enough hey freerider when we goin for a ride?

The YZ cam makes a big difference, as does a vortex CDI $549, Lighten the flywheel for YZ style revving, but the biggest differnece of any seems to be a +0.75 compression ratio piston when your due for a piston.

with the yz cam will it still have auto decomp nipple? is it an aftermarket cam i am after or yamaha part? thanks :cry: