Metal shop in SoCal starting next week.

I'll have the heart of my Sword and Knife shop here in SoCal starting next week and can provide polishing and smoothing services to my TT Bros dirt cheap as long as the volume stays low.

Lemme know; I'm itchin' to get back into it.

I have a commission of shortswords to do for www.themartialist.com then I'm freehanding it until the weather cools enough for forge work.

I'm dying to go at an SM bike and trick-out and polish every piece of aluminum, from swingarm to triple clamp. ? :cry:

I have seen a few GSX zuks with polished frame. I bet the new RMZ would look great!

I was just looking at my rear hub and sprocket the other day and thinking how ruff the casting was and wondering if I could get in there with a cable dremmel sanding drum and just doing the outside edges for a highlight.

The trouble with spending money for polish on a trail bike is that it just hurts that much more when you scratch it.

It took me over a year to start ridding my bike like I should just cause of the new plastic ?

Good luck with your new shop. I would love to retire and come work for you in exchange for access to your equipment.

I don't think my back could take standing in front of a buffer very long though. It does sound interesting. Do you need an apprentice.

A swordmiths apprentice or polishing apprentice?

I'd love to find a good polisher to work with me. It is the most dangerous part of the job, and takes nearly as long (in some cases longer) than making a bloody tool.

Plus one little lapse in grip and you have a mangled paperweight for a knife (that can make you cry!!)

Big problem for some guys is parting with a bike part and not riding for a week! ? :cry:

Rocky areas and lotsa trail riding is no place for a polished swingarm for the most part, bu I've seen some SMs and MXers with polish jobs that were sweet, and I know I can do even beter than the ones I've seen.

As far as a swordsmith's apprentice, well...that's a pretty long line right now. The big question is how much do I charge these guys? ? :cry: