Sign in to follow this  

Single Power Now or the System???

Was on scary fast site and saw they offer 2 differnt set ups the single power now for like 99$ and the 2 unit system for 199$, was wondering who has what and with what results.

thanks

Neither, save your money! I've got one on my 250R and I didn't notice a difference at all, at least not one worth $100.

You can spend that money on riding instead on buying some stuff that you don't need. A stock 2005crf250 is more than enough for a lot of us except if you are a high caliber pro rider...

We installed the Power Now (airbox/carb side) along with the JD Jetting kit and a mild opening of the airbox (basically the intake snorkel area).

These changes made the wife's 250X start better, idle better, pull off of bottome better (no bog, eh!), and run much stronger everywher, but especially on the mid- and upper end.

While some would argue that the rejetting alone would do most of this -- I truly believe it is the combination of all three (PN, JD Jet, and slight airbox mod) that made everything so great... everywhere.

Also note that we primarly ride deep-dark woods and clean running/pulling from "39 rpm" and up is what we really needed ... and got! :cry:

Cheers! - rb

I put the SLP Powerpak plates in this last week. It was only $35 so I did not expect much. I rode today & was impressed. Definatly quicker & more off the bottom as they advertised. . I noticed I was usually a gear higher than normal. I felt that it did help somewhat.