Sign in to follow this  

Bad Carb???

I'm having problems with my carb an my KXF. It won't run with the original carb. We have cleaned and recleaned, rejetted, etc., etc. It runs fine with another carb set up the same way... what the heck?? Is it possible that the TPS is bad telling the ignition to shut down? What would cause that if it is in fact the problem? Sometimes it will run for a few seconds but stop right away.

Can the TPS be replaced? Is their anything we might have overlooked when cleaning the carb and jets?

Sometimes if you just let the carb sit for a couple of days in a solution it cleans out everything , try it , it worked for mine . :cry: :cry: :cry:

something must be clogged.i would have to say the pilot jet.that runs from closed to 1/4 open.

was the carb dropped or was the bike in a crash? It's possible that there is a hairline crack leaking air. These are the kinds of problems that are really fun to find so you're probably better off using a new carb :cry:

I went through the jets one at a time and they have all been cleaned, thoroughly :cry:. No major crashes or dropping of the carb have happened that I know of. The new carb is on its way... and VERY expensive.

After talking with a friend that is a Suzuki mech. he thinks it is most likely the TPS. We will check it when I get it back later this week.

Only 1 screw attaches the TPS. Mark a reference point so you can set the new 1 like the 1 it replaced. The screw hole is slotted.

I had the carb on mine replaced not long after purchase (they claimed a factory fault?) mostly due to popping etc. I think it was justa jetting issue anyhow, still had to rejet the new one. The idle screw hasnt come unseated by any chance? fuel screw still seated? good luck!