Sign in to follow this  

Did Skull Lake happen this weekend?

I had to go to Atlanta this weekend to say good bye to a friend. The groom was well liquiored and hopes his soon to be bride finds no pictures. :cry:

So did the race happen or not. DonO how did you do?

Haven't seen the times yet but considering I didn't get to the start area till after the women just left :cry:, I was helping Phil's kid with his bike :cry:, I was the very last person to go out!

I passed 2 guys in my class the first lap and about 2-3 more on my second lap (that's all that I noticed since I was really hauling :cry: over the whoops). I did manage to squeak out a third lap. Exhausting but fun.

Don :cry:

How long did the 3 laps take you? I just want to get an idea of what kind of conditioning is required before I embarass myself. I'm in shape now, but I don't think ROUND is the best shape for racing. :cry:

I did my 1st lap in 28 min 38sec, my 2nd lap was 31 min 58 sec due to a meeting between me and a tree- and that was it for me.

I would say the best way to pracice would be to gas up and set a timer for 1.5 hours and ride consistantly for the entire amount of time.

I plan on making a trip to Big Bass this weekend to practice since they have some nice single track there.

Anybody know if it is suitable for riding after all of these storms we have had? :cry:

Well, this track was particularly rough and bad, one of the worst tracks Ive raced in a while, Im hoping the rest of the tracks this season are alittle better.

Well, this track was particularly rough and bad, one of the worst tracks Ive raced in a while, Im hoping the rest of the tracks this season are alittle better.

Boy now there's an understatement.

Thanks for the help Don. Turns out the kid was faking it all the time LOL. After 50 xrays they decided he didnt break his neck or his back or his ribs. He just took a big hit on them and they bent instead of breaking. He's moving around a lot better since the rush of the crash has worn off.

He said he thinks he's faster than you too. Could be the morphine was talking at the time though. :cry:

I don't know if I would call those 6 foot deep holes "whoops".

I did like the tight stuff, especially where it got muddy.

:cry:

Man did I have a bad day. My bike is a one kick bike any other day. It took 3 to get it going and I was very late off the line. Just to make sure that I had no one left behind I stalled my bike about 5 turns.

Had one guy crash and burn in front of me in some of those 3 foot whoops and almost took me with him. After the first lap I was over heated and had to get off the track. Got to the point that I was getting cold chills and I lost breakfast on the trail. I pulled over and almost got my helmet in time.

Had to wear that helmet back to the truck and let me tell you that smell is a gift that just keeps on giving. I passed a lot of people on the first lap, just didn't pace myself for the heat or that track.

Can't wait till next sunday. Man there is a lot of people in Vet C.

Later

I just read on the FTR forum that the madison track has no sand or palmetto roots.

Is that even possible in florida? :cry:

only when the sand turns to mud, then the palmetto roots are submerged.

I bet it will be a fun race- but I am gonna get some practice in this weekend for the Palatka race on the 24th.

And lemme see...we where thinking of joining you guys...hmmmm....maybe we can just meet you at the end of the race at the beer truck ????

mmmmmbeeeeeer.

I spent the whole 90 minutes of practice kicking starting my bike, around the track. Then like a complete and total idiot I figured, nahhh it wont stall in the race. It took me another 90 minutes to do one lap. I thought I had pulled my hamstring from kicking it so much. My leg was so cramped I had to get Don to start my kid for me, because I didnt think I could get to the starting line.

Then when the friggin kid had to take a spill and force me to run in my boots about a mile into the brush. I had to hobble along on one leg after the first 1/4 mile because my kick leg kept cramping up. :cry:

Hey thanks again for the help Don. :cry:

Phil, glad to hear Josh has nothing broke (other than his ego maybe :cry:). I didn't get a chance to thank him for being there with my gas so please tell him for me (I would buy him a 6 pack, uh Coke/Pepsi I mean :cry:).

Where are the times?? I keep lookiing but all they have is last years results? Inquiring "mind" wants to know!!

I'll be skipping HS#2 but will be at HS#3 and MX#1 for sure.

yeh we are going to skip this next HS too.

I read on ftr's forum that the scorekeeper had van trouble and had to abandon it in a parking lot (along with the scores). So it may take a day or two to retrieve them.

Break his ego? Ha! On the contrary, he has taken full advantage of celebrity status he now holds amongst his flock of motobunnies and friends. :cry:

Anybody want to join me this weekend at Big Bass?

Most likley Saturday morning.

This ain't gonna be no sight seeing ride either :cry:- I need to get in better shape! :cry:

hey the pics of the HS are at http://jonnyjpeg.com/

josh is ftr692 if you do a search (pre-wreck pic :cry: ). No pic of me, I guess kickstarting a bike doesnt make that exciting of a pic. I cant remember anyone elses numbers.

I'd ride big bass with you but I have to sort out the pilot circuit on both bikes. I cant take another marathon kickfest like that.

I'll let you know by thursday evening.

BTW, riding the bike ain't gonna get your wind up :cry:, start with basic shiot (jumping jacks, situps, push-ups and a 2 mile jog) trust me it will do your body good (at least up to age 46) :cry: :cry:

And try to give up those coffin nails (they ain't helpin' either)

You keep doing your 2 mile jogs and I will ride and ride hard) twice a week.

I believe seat time will get you a little more acclimated to a 2HR endurance that a jog.

I do need to toss the smokes- no denying that.

I do 100 push ups daily (50 before work, 50 before dinner) and 200 sit ups daily (50 before work and 50/3 sets in the evening)and hit my treadmill 3 times a week and I am still very soar in my shifting leg and clutch arm. I think it is all about the level of impact in which you train.

You wouldn't train for a mountain bike race by riding on the street- you got to get out there and tweak your race day skills.

Phil, that's me (what style!!!!) notice nobody around me blew them away :cry: :cry: :lol:. I can't remember where that corner was though (it was all a blur I was going so fast :lol: :lol:)

Drew, wow you do all that and you pooped out after two laps?

I know you ride faster/harder than me but if you do all that xercise you should be able to last longer. Oh, thats right you ride blue (there's the problem) :lol:

You know I couldn't resists that man!!!! :cry:

More than likely I will meet you for Sat. and everytime we do ride, from now on, I'm going to push you till one of us passes out so no whining :lol: okay!!

I do like blue, on women. :cry: