Sign in to follow this  

dont know what i have r or l

just wanted to know if there are any tell tell signs to distinguish between xr 250r xr250l i just bought the bike and cant find any numbeers(serial or anything)and the seat is torn and taped so no marks there. i wuld like to know what i have so i can make the nessisary changes by the way it a 1992 i think

First of all what does your title say ? You also can take the serial number to your dealer and he can tell you. Now if you have stolen this bike expect a visit from your local law officers. The XR has a plastic tank and the XL has a metal tank.

Cher'o,

Dwight

Aside from the tank there will be turn signals and all the electric that runs to your handle bars as well; turn indicator switches, high / low beams, foot pegs for the passenger etc.

Also, check for a battery. If you got one, it's an L

i asure you its not stolen just ridden hard most everything is broken and there is not a serial tag due to a prvious owner (dont know what happened but spoke to local law and they say since its over 10 yrs old therer will be no problem. also it seems that i have a L so is this a good bike what are the poss. for it i bought it apart in a box for $50 and put it back together it seems to run fine and i have all the parts except the air box cover and the side plates. should i try to shuck all the weight i can and create a 4 banger demon or just suck it up that i i have a neat dp bike. not looking for a monster just something to keep up with the boys

ps. im 6'1" 225

Well for $50, it's a steal. As for pros/cons, the 250L is geared a little more for street, has more restricted breathing (smaller exhaust headers) and more weight then a standard 250R. All of these problems can be addressed though. I am currently working on a 96 250L, removing weight, changing sprockets etc. etc. It's a good bike, and for what ya paid, an awsome deal. I would recommend this link http://4strokes.com/tech/honda/mod25rl1.asp for info on the modding the 250L.

Cheers,

BT

I've got a '96 L that I'm trying to sell. I've had it for a couple of years and it never let me down. It took me everywhere I've ever wanted to go without any problems. It's a good bike, just change the gearing from the stock 14/40 to 13/44 and it will feel much better.