Sign in to follow this  

Lowering a TTR250

My buddy just bought an 04 TTR250. He can't touch the ground! I am looking for a way to lower it. The dealer told him that if he brings it back in they can lower it 1/2" for him for free, but won't tell him what they are going to do, like it is a secret. Does anyone know what the dealer is going to do so we can do it ourselves. Also are there other things that can be done? How far does the Kouba link lower the bike? How much foam can be shaved off of the seat without ruining the comfort of the ride? Any help would be great.

Do a search I have explained it many times. But basically my ttr 250 sits at about 31 inches at the seat. So I dropped it 5 inches by shaving seat, adjusting sag a bit and kouba link. The kouba will get close to an inch.

about 3 inches. But the wife thinks that may have been a bit much, the seat is real square now. But it works, and she can touch the ground.

How tall is he ? I am only 5'5 and when I bought my 04 ttr250 I was really concerned about the height. Well after the break in, the bike settled down a little and I have no problems at all with it.

I have the same problem with my son's new YZ85, it needs to be lowered a bit. Do you know if the Kouba link is available for it too? From where? Thankful for yr reply.

Thanks for the link, guess I have to find out something else, the Kouba websites said:

"Yamaha YZ & WR lowering kits will NOT be available. Thanks for all your requests."

:cry:

Does anyone have experience about compressing the whole damper a bit with a cable/cablelocks mounted between upper and lower damperbolts? :cry: