Sign in to follow this  

Poll for Thumpettes only!

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1096908558learning2fly">

THUMPETTES ONLY! - Do you want the Thumpette forum to have a higher level of censorship for posts on 'sensitive' topics?

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes, I don't want the nonsense here that I see on the OT forum, keep it in OT!

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No, it should be the same as the rest of TT!

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Thanks for participating, I'm trying to determine the appropriate level of 'moderation' for the Thumpettes... and thought I'd find out what the ladies wanted! I'm not trying to exclude the guys, but the forum was created for the ladies, so guys feel free to comment but leave the voting for the women so I get a feel for what they want, please! Thanks! :cry:

:cry: I purposely stay out of the forum for this reason. I glance though it occaisonally but all in all I enjoy reading what the TT-Gals have to talk about....

I will not allow my daughter as yet to be on it, Maybe once you set the rules :cry:

i purposely cruise this forum cuz a higher percentage of the thumpettes seem sentient and open-minded.

i doubt much censorship is needed. you girls seem pretty good at just ignoring the occasional moronic post looking for a date or sexist drivel from the resident racists who are 'compensating for something' (probably their inadequate motorcycles) with their martial arts, dogs, snakes and stuff.

i think if something is really offensive to someone, a pm to the moderator should suffice. i'm generally against censorship, even censorship of really stupid jerks.

mw

and why do you come to the thumpette forum? to ask us stuff you don't have to guts to ask your wife to her face? We don't want to have that type of post on here.

i purposely cruise this forum cuz a higher percentage of the thumpettes seem sentient and open-minded.

i doubt much censorship is needed. you girls seem pretty good at just ignoring the occasional moronic post looking for a date or sexist drivel from the resident racists who are 'compensating for something' (probably their inadequate motorcycles) with their martial arts, dogs, snakes and stuff.

i think if something is really offensive to someone, a pm to the moderator should suffice. i'm generally against censorship, even censorship of really stupid jerks.

mw

I agree with velosapiens. I think PMing the moderator regarding something very offensive seems like a good solution at this point. I don't think it is something that happens really often. Hopefully it stays that way. I just don't think it is necessary to censor everything unless these things become more frequent. I am glad this was brought up. Hopefully that will make some people more aware that everything is not appropriate in this forum. :cry:

I voted to have it be the same as TT forum. As a couple people have said the ladies are pretty good about ignoring the stupid remarks. The way it's set up now is pretty entertaining! :cry: I do read some good advice and it's nice to know others are going thru the same stuff as everyone else!

But if it gets to be anything like the OT forum then changes would have to be made, I don't want to come into the Thumpette forum and have to trudge thru some of the BS that goes on in the OT forum!

Congrats L2F and it seems like you are off to a good start as a Moderator! :cry: Besides everyone on here knows you don't take any crap from anyone! :cry:

Brenda

Nah .. don't waste your energy babysitting.

We can PM you if we feel someone is being offensive.

If you get a bunch of them, you'll know we've had enough.

I think you do a great job. Let's not delete things right away; let us analyze it, rip somebody up if they need it, then get rid of it after we've had our fun. LOL :cry:

Seriously, no need to make the guys TOO afraid to come in here and converse. Just make sure the TROLLS know they aren't welcome and won't be tolerated.

Ok, we've got 62% wanting the same moderation as OT, with no higher censorship... but, as I said before, I'll happily 'bump' something over to OT if it REALLY doesn't seem to belong here! Just let me know if you see something that needs to be looked at!! :cry:

I'm going to 'unsticky' the poll now, we've got a better use for this sticky spot soon to come... :cry::cry:

Personally, I would like to see more information and discussion pertaining to riding. Info about ladies gear, bikes, etc. is fine w/ me as it actually relates to riding. Don't get me wrong, I have met a lot of great women here that I have actually gotten together w/ to ride. It is also nice to have women to talk w/ about other things, but maybe a women's OT section would be more appropriate. I joined TT to meet and ride w/ other women and get info about riding. I love riding and it's great to find other gals who share this passion. I hope I haven't offended anyone, because I really have enjoyed this forum. Sometimes I just get the feeling that some of the ladies here would rather BS instead of hopping on their bike. That's ok, but this is a forum based on riding. I also think some of the guys that cruise this forum are simply flirting and trying to meet women. Personally, I think it's disrespectful. Maybe a section for singles would take care of this problem. :cry: Just my own opinion.

I agree with you somewhat. I love riding, I live in Reno NV and I trail ride all the time I ride a Yamaha TTR125(Brutus), it is a bad ass bike. But I need to do some improvements to it to make it go faster, it has enough power to pull a fat a** up a hill it just isn't fast enough. Because all other bikes are just way to heavy for me, since I only weigh 100 pounds, I need something light to throw around turns, something I can have control over. But I need more speed for the straight aways to keep up with all the guys. :cry:

I agree with you somewhat. I love riding, I live in Reno NV and I trail ride all the time I ride a Yamaha TTR125(Brutus), it is a bad ass bike. But I need to do some improvements to it to make it go faster, it has enough power to pull a fat a** up a hill it just isn't fast enough. Because all other bikes are just way to heavy for me, since I only weigh 100 pounds, I need something light to throw around turns, something I can have control over. But I need more speed for the straight aways to keep up with all the guys. :cry:

Amen to that! If only they could stuff a 400 motor into the TTR125 frame.