Sign in to follow this  

BAJA RIDE - Tecate to San Felipe, NOV 12-14th YOU IN?!

Hey all...

Just thought I'd let anyone know that we'll have a group of riders heading from Tecate's KOA campground on the 12th... destined for San Felipe (about 220+ miles).

We'll stay the night in Felipe... and hang out on Saturday with maybe an after noon ride. Then head back home on Sunday (another 220+ miles).

We'll have a chase truck that will meet us in Felipe Friday night, to carry our misc. items like clothes and spare parts (air filters, tubes, ...etc). And will leave Sunday morning when we do to go home.

If you're interested in tagging along... let me know. You'll have to make your own room reservations, but you're welcome to stick your overnight gear in the chase truck.

LET'S RIDE!

I'll be making room reservations by then end of this week... with the PMs I've received, I hope you all do too!

El Cortez Hotel, right on the beach in Felipe. :cry: :cry:

Anyone else??

JJ,

Looks like we are getting a couple of guys together to race the Elsinore Grand Prix that weekend. Hopefully, I can make the next run.

Are you up for Super Motard at Del Mar this Sunday? Chumley and I are going to ride to the race. Problably meet somewhere for breakfast.

Hey Dave....

Does that mean you're still out for our Baja run???

The ride is still on. I made room reservations this am at El Cortez on the Beach... next to Club De Pesca.

Rain or shine...

Should be a blast!!

just curious ... what kinda a bike are taking ?

is this offroad ?

sounds like fun. can you do this ride in jan feb or is the weather bad ??

ken

A few of us will be at the Miramar around 6 on Friday. Heading southbound for the race Sat. morning.

If you guys make it into town by then, meet us for a beer.

:cry:

A few of us will be at the Miramar around 6 on Friday. Heading southbound for the race Sat. morning.

You're on!

We should be in Miramar around then sometime... Hopefully not much later as it'll be dark, and not ALL of us are running HID (I am, so I don't worry).

The dry lake bed gets lonely and dark, let alone dusty trying to watch a red tail light!! :cry:

I'll be in black and grey gear, tall, blonde guy... XR with a black front fender, BajaD Tecate light, helmet camera...etc. We shouldn't be too hard to spot when we ride into the rear of Miramar! :cry: Oh, wait.. I'm sure there'll be many down there huh?! Riders I mean.

Oh well. Can't miss us. We should have a 6'7" guy as our chase truck show too... he's also blonde, and will be getting drunk by the time we arrive. :cry:

Should be a good time, how do I know you... or tell it's you?!

You're on!

We should be in Miramar around then sometime... Hopefully not much later as it'll be dark, and not ALL of us are running HID (I am, so I don't worry).

The dry lake bed gets lonely and dark, let alone dusty trying to watch a red tail light!! :cry:

I'll be in black and grey gear, tall, blonde guy... XR with a black front fender, BajaD Tecate light, helmet camera...etc. We shouldn't be too hard to spot when we ride into the rear of Miramar! :lol: Oh, wait.. I'm sure there'll be many down there huh?! Riders I mean.

Oh well. Can't miss us. We should have a 6'7" guy as our chase truck show too... he's also blonde, and will be getting drunk by the time we arrive. :cry:

Should be a good time, how do I know you... or tell it's you?!

I'll be there with Homey as well. We'll be rolling in in a Dodge Deisel with DirtSports decals on it and a BIG ass satallite on the roof. Ask for DesertBull, Frijolero, or Homey. :cry: :cry:

I'll be there with Homey as well. We'll be rolling in in a Dodge Deisel with DirtSports decals on it and a BIG ass satallite on the roof. Ask for DesertBull, Frijolero, or Homey. :cry: :cry:

Great!!!

Just to be more aware of who "I am"... here's a picture. :cry:

mikes9-20-03-20.jpg

And the small guy - "Alex" Who won't be riding,

but will show up to meet us hopefully before we get there. :cry:

mikes9-20-03-1.jpg

SEE YOU THERE!!!

Btw, don't drink all the cold ones before we get there!! WOO HOOO!!!

Sheeet. I know Alex! No brainer!

Small world or what?!

Should be fun...

Ask him why he's not riding! :cry:

...something about bike to bike - rider to rider contact in Glamis last week! It was too fun there too!

They invited me to go out to Glamis. Chances of stuff like that happening out there is what kept me from going!

They invited me to go out to Glamis. Chances of stuff like that happening out there is what kept me from going!

It's what keeps MOST people from going! I "hear" it a lot of how dangerous it is... and it's really not. But "shhhhhh..." keep that a secret. :cry:

However, it was his own fault... he ran into .. or slid down into one of our other riders (also on a CR5hundy). Railing dunes in a train like format is how we were riding, and how we dune-it all the time... and he was on the high side, slid down into Mike... and they both ended up on their butts. Shook them up a bit, but nothing major. I think Alex and I hit bars about 2-3 times (at speed) prior to that screwing off. So it's more common in our group and really not a huge concern. That is.. until Alex comes into ya in a hard way! Like a darn freight train! :cry:

Ran into Big Alex last night on the streets of encinitas. He downplayed the "incident" quite a bit.

Might do a Lunch run to Gonzaga and back Saturday if you're interested.

We're set up for the miramar TT meeting next Friday.

See ya!

Damn, all this talk about riding Baja is making me itch. We called off the Lake Elsinore GP race. So now the weekend is open. Need to check in with the wife.

How many do you have going on this run fo far?

Homey, XR400 or did you go for the XR650?

Put some $$ into the 400 for now. Had it re-wired and put a Mikuni carb on it. It's running great and starts on one kick.

650 still on the wish list. I'll keep the 400 since it's plated.

Come to Baja, I'll be there Friday afternoon.

Big D...

Don't be a girl and come ride!!! I haven't see you since the D38 days. :cry: And ... did I hear "Wife" in your comments??? Wow... things change over time huh?! :cry:

I made room reservations last week, but need to make one more today. El Cortez is where we've made them... if you're interested in the same place.

Call me later tonight if you need anything... like phone # or what have ya.

We're still looking into who's going to chase for us. And specifically what vehicle will do the chasing. Okay... not really a 'chase' vehicle really. :cry: More or less a 'support' vehicle. So far it looks like my Excursion because of 'non' riders meeting us there being plentiful.

BTW, I too wanted to ride the Elsinore GP... and this weekend is ALSO the freestyle event at Sports Arena. I'm missin' a lot hittin' Baja. But it's never lacking adventure!! Always stimulating! :cry:

JJ,

Ya, got married last November.

Are you leaving on Friday morning from KOA? What time do you think you will be back in town on Sunday? Maybe around 9pm?

Homey - Good idea on keeping the bike with the plate. Its a little hard to get a good bike set up with a plate these days.

Aaaahhhh crap. Just talked to the wife. She has to be on bed rest from Wednesday through Saturday. Damn this pisses me off. Have fun and have a cerveza for me.

Don't forget, watch for oncoming traffic!