best price on yamahas in CO?

i know this is a bit off topic, but i need to find an 04 yz450 in colorado. i live near denver and vickery wants $7000 OTD for a new bike... which is absurd when int motorcyle brokers sells new bikes in the $5200-5600 range.

im willing to drive anywhere in the state, for the right price. are there any dealers around with good prices?

?

Ahh, the power of the internet search:

High Altitude Yamaha

(307) 632-4075

Address:

206 S College Dr

Cheyenne, WY 82007

my bud bought a wr250f from them a few years back, decent

price and was jetted correctly to boot.

Not trying to rag on the CO dealers, but some of them are

just plain unreasonable.

You might want to call the the Yamaha shop in Steamboat Springs. They quoted me a price of 5900 on a WR 450. I ended up buying from a local dealer in Driggs Idaho as he gave me a screamin'deal and again no tax as it was out of state. I can think of the name of the place in Steamboat but they seemed very knowledgable and willing to move bikes!! Do a search on the Yamaha site. ?

Not trying to rag on the CO dealers, but some of them are

just plain unreasonable

I had dealt with Vickery for years, bought a bunch of bikes from them, and ran into this same problem. On top of that when I brough up the price difference the owner was down right rude. I can understand them saying sorry no but being rude? I'll never buy another bike from them.

I went to a small shop over in Nevada and the guy treated me like gold!!!

I'll have to check since I don't know and I'm at work.

May not help you much though since mine has been ported and the carb slide has been machined by Slavens down in the Springs. I still have the stock pipe and silencer. It runs crisp all the way up to the top of Red Cone so far.

I heard about the slide machining from Slayer on KTMTalk too.

I think your bike is his buddies old bike.

I am thinking about the 38mm PWM from JD jetting, supposed

to let the bike make more power etc according to clay.

Well see.

thanx for the phone number. i agree, CO dealers are unreasonable. you pay $7000 or you go somewhere else.

anyway, my current bike threw me a curve ball, so i dont know how im gonna get a new bike now.

thanks for the help anyhow