Sign in to follow this  

Source for bar-risers?

I need to find some risers in 7/8th that will raise my bar a bit more than what I got. I am happy wiht my current bar and don't see the need or logic of purchasing a brandnew bar just to have it a bit higher.

I've looked through Chaparral-racing.com but nada other than the 1 1/8 adapter/risers.

Any ideas?

i got some from baja designs. the mount to any 7/8 mount and move the bars up and forward. they cost as much as new bars tho, so if all i needed was to move them up, i'd just buy the bars.

mw

mikesbaron,

I got my 7/8 bar risers from. www.genmarmfg.com. They weren't too expensive. The biggest drawback is when working on jetting, I have to remove the risers and re-mount the bars back in the stock mounts or the throttle cables are too short even to unhook. A small price to pay for a better feel and more control of the bike.

Jim

I just ordered a set from BigDRZ "Andy"

http://www.mts.net/~andyj/barrisers/

He has some new ones not listed on his web site, you might email him for info.

I've used the ones from Andy for 1.5years now and they're great! :cry: They're 1.5-inch up and 1.375-inches forward.

No more lower back pain! :cry:

Sometime during the instal of your risers stop and check to see if you have enough slack in your cables! Turn your bars back and forth fully and make sure the cables are not getting streched then check to see if your throttle returns properly while the bars are turned. You will be glad you did!!

I installed Andy's BigDR bar riser on my CRF250X and it fit perfectly. I didn't have to do any cable re-routing and have full steering range of motion.

When I installed them on a DRZ-400E I had to do a little re-routing.