Rear tire popping up during breaking......

Does any one know How to stop the rear end from popping up during breaking over breaking bumps? I ride a stock 02 in "A" class when I am breaking the back end pops up. I am 28 and about 160lb. The bike is bone stock I have never even messed with the settings on the suspention. Or the sag for that matter. Strait out of the crate. Also, when I over jump somthing I bounce. Do I ajust the high or low speed compression. Or, do I mess with the sag. Also If I fix one thing will I make other handling issues worse.

Set your sag first. Four inches or 100mm with you on the bike in full gear. Then slow your rebound (bottom of the shock) up a little (make it harder clockwise a couple clicks at a time). That should do it.

Thanks, do you think that will really work? My friend is telling me to get my suspention done, revalved, new springs, the works. I think that it is a waste of money. I don't think that will make me go any faster, do you? I run about mid pack "A" class. I am just a weekend warrior, race about 5 times a year. I dont do this for a living, do you think the money is worth it?

Thanks, do you think that will really work? My friend is telling me to get my suspention done, revalved, new springs, the works. I think that it is a waste of money. I don't think that will make me go any faster, do you? I run about mid pack "A" class. I am just a weekend warrior, race about 5 times a year. I dont do this for a living, do you think the money is worth it?

If youve got the money to burn...why not...if your having to make choices like, pay only half the electric bill to buy a new tire....no...

I know it will work. Mine was doing the same thing at the stock setting.

If you don't even know how to adjust the stock suspension, there's no point in sending it out for a re-valve. You can make the stock stuff work light years better than it does with careful adjustment. Invest some time in learning before you invest cash.

I don't know much about the suspention setup. You do not need to have all the aftermarket gizmoes to go fast. The bikes are fast enough. Ok, I lied my bike is not stock. I have renthal bars(because a couple of years ago I landed hard and bent the steel ones without falling). I also have replaced my sparkplug twice, two new rear tires, and most recently a brake lever because it broke in a crash. What I have found with suspention is that you can still go fast with bad suspention , but you have to work harder. My buddy has an 02 crf I can go faster on but he has spent big bucks to have someone to revalve it. The reason I dont know much about the shock settings is because I do not practice, and when I am racing, I dont mess with it in fear that it will be bad in that moto. If you have a bad moto you can loose money.....

So this bike is an 02 and you've never touched anything? Sag, suspension fluids.....

Might want to set the sag and get the fluids changed to start.

I don't know much about the suspention setup. You do not need to have all the aftermarket gizmoes to go fast. The bikes are fast enough.

Who stated anything about aftermarket gizmo's?

All you need is a tape measurer, punch, and a flat blade screwdriver.

The reason I dont know much about the shock settings is because I do not practice, and when I am racing, I dont mess with it in fear that it will be bad in that moto.

You stated you only race 5 times a year. So what you're saying is you only ride 5 times a year? (since you don't practice)

That is about it, wish I had more time, and that plans did not fall through. I did not have a way to get my bike around for a long time so I had to rely on other people. I got a truck earler this year, but I have found that it is still hard to get people to go with their schedules.