Sign in to follow this  

Skidplate and Exhaust for 2005 CRF250R

I know I repeat a lot of the same questions, but that's what this site is for. I need a skid plate for my 2005 250R and was wondering if 1) the 04's would fit. 2) Which is a good looking on and gets the job done quick. Now exhaust, My local dealer has a DR.D that someone ordered and no longer wants, will an 04 pipe fit on the 05's I heard that they changed the exhaust for 05. Thanks

I would go with the Flatland skid plate.

I'm not sure if they changed the exhaust on the 05 or not, e-mail DR.D and ask them.

I've got the Storm Cycle skid plate and engine guards. Very happy with the fit and protection.

mg

One poster on here had a red skid with engine guards and it was beautiful. Not sure the make but wish I waited.. I have Utah and it is a great skid for protection but fits like crap. Caked with mud all the time I have to take it off guess I need the foam.

I've got the Carbon Fiber skidplate from E-Line (Kevin Hines), and for a new state-of-the-art dirt bike, the Carbon Fiber Kevlar looks great! Excellent coverage. :cry:

Flatland has very fast shipping and a great product!

One poster on here had a red skid with engine guards and it was beautiful. Not sure the make but wish I waited.. I have Utah and it is a great skid for protection but fits like crap. Caked with mud all the time I have to take it off guess I need the foam.

That would be me, and they are the Storm Cycles. :cry:

Dano

I have the E-line skid plate (full coverage) and it looks great and protects well. However, the top mounting bracket has become stripped and the bolts aren't grabbing as they did. E-line is cool though and they are sending me a new bracket. Also, had to cut some of the plate to fit the Dr. D exhaust which I just put on two days ago. The plate must be removed to changed the oil filter. It's not the easiest skid plate to mount. I saw the red one on this site and I thought it looked great. One good thing about the e-line is that is sits pretty high in front so very little mud gets inside. It also shines up very well with wd-40 and looks new after many rides. Carbon fiber does look great, is very light, and takes a shot without a problem. e-line is also a good company to deal with.