Sign in to follow this  

03 yz250f clutch problems?

I raced my 1st race this weekend and had a blast. But in 1st moto I cased 2 uphill step-ups because when I came out of the corner my bike seem'd to slow as if I had the clutch in. At first I thought maybe I was spin'n my rear tire but my son and I watch'd the video tape last night and you can definitely see the bike is not spin'n.

Is this the sign's of need'n to replace the clutch?

The bike shifts fine and show's no other signs of problems with clutch.....well except for me stall'n out of the gate....blame'n that on the clutch...I will post clip of video of that....laugh'd my butt off watch'n it!

Thanks for help

Check the obvious stuff first. Is your cable adjusted properly? Do you have a nickel's worth of free play between the lever and the perch? If not, your cable is too tight and it could be causing the clutch to slip.

Just check'd it. Got more than a nickel. Whats the problems you have when you need a new top-end....god I hope thats not it.

Bike cranks 1st or 2nd kick, shifts cleanly, heck I don't ride that fast. Just has that 1 or 2 sec hesitation before it gets go'n out of corners?

Huh that sounds really wierd. But i think if it was plates and you noticed it that bad one time then i think it would keep hapening. But if you havent had problems sice i would jsut ride and if it works it works.

I got the same bike dude. And the clutch is slowly going out on mine..When I take off at the starting gate I can feel it like sorta slip. It doesnt do it when you are moving fast though. Think it is time for a new clutch plates. Hinson maybe?