Sign in to follow this  

Is $3500 a good price...

... for an 03 yz250f with less than 5 hours? It is completely stock and only been ridden in the owner's back yard. I can't tell the difference between it and a new bike. Anyway, I have hime down to $3500 - is this a good price?

Are there any gremlins with this bike? Anything in particular I should look for?

thanks...

I own one, have had it since brand new, not a single problem thus far (that I havent caused :cry:). I would think that 3500 is a great price. Kelly blue book retail is $4160, trade in is like $2800

Shane

IMO, that's a very good value for that bike. Note that I say "value" because you are getting an almost new bike for $3500. The blue book price might be lower, but this bike has exceptional low hours.

The main gremlin of that bike was a nasty bog which is easily cured with rejetting. Also, some guys were complaining of a 1/4 throttle misfire. No one really found a cure, I think, but not every one had it. Myself, I think I had a miss, BUT all traces of this misfire disappeared with leaner jetting.

Good luck with the decision! :cry:

Rode the bike last night - it was awesome!

I think I'll buy it... what needs to be done to the suspension for serious woods riding?

make it SOFT!! I carried a flat head screw driver in a handy location so that I could stop and keep dialing it in as I rode. I have also kept a log of what I have done to the suspension thus far...that way I know where I need to be should I find myself on a track. That doesn't seem to happen all that often though.

Enjoy the new bike!! :cry:

sweet... I just sealed the deal. I'll pick it up tomorrow and begin the transformation to a woods weapon!

yeehaw!